Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Wait hang on - have I read this right - you’re suggesting some non-Villa fans would buy a Villa shirt with Grealish on because they support England but don’t want an England shirt? As if I, say, bought a Rashford Man United shirt to show my support?

That would be a pretty small pool I’d say. 

That said… I might just be showing my age. Kids these days are definitely fans of players not teams. And I can imagine myself getting a Dortmund shirt with Sancho I suppose. But can’t imagine doing that with another English team. You’ve got me questioning my logic though 😂

I actually think there's a decent market for that if Grealish plays well at the Euros. He's legitimately one of the hottest names in world football right now. 

He's very good, but he's also cool, attractive and marketable. I don't think you'd see heaps of it in England where people live and die by their teams, but selling a lot of shirts in places like Asia, the Middle East and the US isn't out of the question. 

In terms of marketability he's potentially the modern Beckham. If Beckham had come along 20 years later you'd have seen his shirts everywhere like you do with Messi and Ronaldo.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I actually think there's a decent market for that if Grealish plays well at the Euros. He's legitimately one of the hottest names in world football right now. 

He's very good, but he's also cool, attractive and marketable. I don't think you'd see heaps of it in England where people live and die by their teams, but selling a lot of shirts in places like Asia, the Middle East and the US isn't out of the question. 

In terms of marketability he's potentially the modern Beckham. If Beckham had come along 20 years later you'd have seen his shirts everywhere like you do with Messi and Ronaldo.

Taking the Villa glasses off I'm not sure he's at Beckham levels of fame and marketing yet, he could maybe get there though. 

I could definitely see Villa getting a much larger overseas following and potentially selling some shirts if he continues his development and the first step would be to smash the Euro's. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Quite like these off Twitter! Not sure if Dan is on here?

The away one yeah maybe with a little bit of refinement 

The home is a big no no from me, I hate the 90s tracksuit kappa branding on the arms 

• Like 3

On 25/05/2021 at 09:30, Teale's 'tache said:

This years efforts...

spacer.png

Of the shirts presented so far, this is winning for me by far. Especially the sash. I'd buy that one.

The black one, I can take or leave.

The home kit I would not change a thing.

A couple of suggestions ... the sash ... the top and lower parts of the sash don't line up, I see it might be intentional, centering 'n all,  jars a little for me. And I might drop the shield on the sash too. But it is lovely as is and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

If Jack ever leaves for another non-PL club (one of the Spain superpowers, PSG, or Juventus, essentially) I’d buy their shirt with Grealish on the back. Don’t think I could bring myself to buy a shirt of another PL club though.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Of the shirts presented so far, this is winning for me by far. Especially the sash. I'd buy that one.

A couple of suggestions ... the sash ... the top and lower parts of the sash don't line up, I see it might be intentional, centering 'n all,  jars a little for me. And I might drop the shield on the sash too. But it is lovely as is and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

First of all thank you for your kind words!

Regarding the kit designs, with the 3rd kit (Black) I'd kind of ran out of time and just threw something quick and easy together, one of these years I'm going to get the time to do a truly mad 3rd kit!

The sash on the away is intentionally miss-aligned, I was trying to tie it in with the pattern on the home shirt, but looking at it now I probably needed to either line it up normally or miss-align it more to make it obvious, somehow managed to find a not great middle ground there. I always try to have a theme running between all 3 kits, the sort of 'lightning kink' being the case on these. I don't know if that is a good thing? Maybe @NurembergVillan or his fancy new kit design course could tell you more on that.

I'm crazy busy at work the next few weeks but hopefully will get some time to put together a few more concepts after that.

22 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

The sash one doesn't line up :(

10 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

You're welcome.

I sort of guessed the alignment was intentional ... it looked symmetrical in a sense.

And speaking of lightning kinks ... perhaps the on the next version the sash could be a lightning bolt? Striking a rampant Lion?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Regarding the kit designs, with the 3rd kit (Black) I'd kind of ran out of time and just threw something quick and easy together, one of these years I'm going to get the time to do a truly mad 3rd kit!

How about a water mark of a rampant lion holding the sash lightning bolt?

On 07/06/2021 at 16:31, villa4europe said:

The home is a big no no from me, I hate the 90s tracksuit kappa branding on the arms 

Stick your thumb over the branding and all of a sudden you're looking at one of the best kits we've had in years.

On 07/06/2021 at 22:05, MNVillan said:

If Jack ever leaves for another non-PL club (one of the Spain superpowers, PSG, or Juventus, essentially) I’d buy their shirt with Grealish on the back. Don’t think I could bring myself to buy a shirt of another PL club though.

No Way Reaction GIF

On 07/06/2021 at 21:20, villan-scott said:

Quite like these off Twitter! Not sure if Dan is on here?

That home shirt is a complete and utter horror show. 

Yet take away the white strip with the oversize crapper icons, and leave it plain claret and it's suddenly a great shirt. 

Any football kit with a sash is a complete no from me. Hate them. 

• Like 1

On 08/06/2021 at 09:40, Teale's 'tache said:

The sash on the away is intentionally miss-aligned, I was trying to tie it in with the pattern on the home shirt, but looking at it now I probably needed to either line it up normally or miss-align it more to make it obvious, somehow managed to find a not great middle ground there. I always try to have a theme running between all 3 kits, the sort of 'lightning kink' being the case on these. I don't know if that is a good thing? Maybe @NurembergVillan or his fancy new kit design course could tell you more on that.

I'm crazy busy at work the next few weeks but hopefully will get some time to put together a few more concepts after that.

I agree with all the previous posters comments, they so look beautiful.

With the sash, maybe put the lightning kink below the sponsor, so its a visible one, rather than a hidden one that could be misconstrued as a design flaw. Not sure it would work, but might be worth a try if you do get any spare time.

In any case, that's 2 years in a row (probably more) you've produced spectacular looking designs, is it a passtime or a profession?

I hate that the OS uses Fanatics, it's so crap. You can't sign up on the site. If you log out, you can never log back in, it doesn't recognize your password. You ask to send a Forgot My Password email, and they never do. Just like Kitbag. 

Managed to snag the away kit for like 70% off. Another to add to my Grealish collection.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I hate that the OS uses Fanatics, it's so crap. You can't sign up on the site. If you log out, you can never log back in, it doesn't recognize your password. You ask to send a Forgot My Password email, and they never do. Just like Kitbag. 

Managed to snag the away kit for like 70% off. Another to add to my Grealish collection.

You 3XL or 4XL?