Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

Btw, what did we all think of this season’s kit? Wasn’t bad at all was it? Much improved from the previous one.

Wouldn’t complain if it was similar but we really must, as others have mentioned, commemorate the 40th anniversary of our European Cup win…

It looked great in “product pics” but not quite the same or as vibrant in “real life”

spacer.png

spacer.png

Previous season’s was quite dull and ugly, cheap looking. Weird sleeves too:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Btw, what did we all think of this season’s kit? Wasn’t bad at all was it? Much improved from the previous one.

Wouldn’t complain if it was similar but we really must, as others have mentioned, commemorate the 40th anniversary of our European Cup win…

It looked great in “product pics” but not quite the same or as vibrant in “real life”

spacer.png

spacer.png

Previous season’s was quite dull and ugly, cheap looking. Weird sleeves too:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Last season's was great. Season before was hideous. 

3 minutes ago, Frank Raphael said:

Last season's was great. Season before was hideous. 

Yeah I thought last season’s was nice. Third kit wasn’t for me, but that’s the nature of third kits. Home and away was very nice.

I thought the 2019-20 away and third kits were fantastic designs, but the quality felt so cheap and the sleeves were so weird. Last year’s quality was definitely an improvement.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

Can't remember who asked for this one...

I said I wanted a 1982 inspired kit, and that ticks every box.  Don't think I've disliked any of your offerings, but this is the one. Please make it happen Villa. Assuming you haven't already...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

To those who doubt..

Jack Grealish Wants Clash With Local Rivals West Brom for Aston Villa's  Play-Off Semi-Final | 90min

Yup, I want us to have some different sort of identity from the rest of the " Claret and Blue " teams, I've touted different shorts for a while.

And no, I don't need a lecture about other teams following us with the colours either, as it doesn't change them.

I'd like to see more gold accents incorporated as well to further set us apart. ( In line with the lion )

The crest looks brilliant when it is shadow effected and/or 3D etc. However outside of that on other media types it looks absolutely shite and amateur. It's a pale yellow blob with AVFC above it, when presented on social media.

Doesn't necessarily need to be overhauled, just enhanced, darker gold, more shadow detail maybe? I'd get rid of the white star as well, just throws things off, and will look stupid once we've added another European Cup. The new rampant lion is good  though.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yup, I want us to have some different sort of identity from the rest of the " Claret and Blue " teams, I've touted different shorts for a while.

And no, I don't need a lecture about other teams following us with the colours either, as it doesn't change them.

I'd like to see more gold accents incorporated as well to further set us apart. ( In line with the lion )

The crest looks brilliant when it is shadow effected and/or 3D etc. However outside of that on other media types it looks absolutely shite and amateur. It's a pale yellow blob with AVFC above it, when presented on social media.

Doesn't necessarily need to be overhauled, just enhanced, darker gold, more shadow detail maybe? I'd get rid of the white star as well, just throws things off, and will look stupid once we've added another European Cup. The new rampant lion is good  though.

+1 on a darker gold lion. The current yellow one is far too pale

• Like 1