Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

Just now, Ginko said:

A bit ironic given your avatar, but I assume that’s more about the player than the shirt 😉

I agree, for what it’s worth - not a fan of claret and blue stripes. Wouldn’t mind an all-claret body again like with the Luke home shirt, though, or something else a bit out of left field.

Spot on 🤣

anyone else game for not having a new kit, just re-using the exact same design one from the year Luke77 made it again. Got two and worn them to death really wish I'd bought 10 by far my favourite Villa top ever :( 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kbdrum88 said:

anyone else game for not having a new kit, just re-using the exact same design one from the year Luke77 made it again. Got two and worn them to death really wish I'd bought 10 by far my favourite Villa top ever :( 

Still haven't worn my home top, still got the tags on em. Guess the lockdown was good for something after all. Wish I bought another one, so I could frame it. The playoff final shirt right after the game looked like it was going for a lot, but if you look at eBay now, the plain original ones go for pretty much that much. Should have got one arghh!

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Are we going to be one of the last teams to show their new kit and last to get it on sale again? May as well stick with tradition.

Always the way.

I used to think it was because every summer we either have a new manufacturer or sponsor, but over time I realised thats not the case.. this summer is an example of that as both Kappa and Caazoo are still in place so thats not an excuse.

If they released them now then they’d get a good uptake of fans wanting Grealish on the back in time for the Euros. Not all England fans want an England shirt but can still show their support by wearing a Grealish Villa shirt. It sets you apart from the casual, non-Villa, Grealish fan that might buy his England shirt. And there will be some, despite everyone hating him a year ago. 

On 02/06/2021 at 16:27, Kbdrum88 said:

anyone else game for not having a new kit, just re-using the exact same design one from the year FANATICS made it again. Got two and worn them to death really wish I'd bought 10 by far my favourite Villa top ever :( 

FTFY

• Like 2

On 26/05/2021 at 16:30, Jas10 said:

🤔 

The lion looks fantastic on its own, doesn't it?

Don't know what colour it would have to be to work on our home kit, though. Somehow, the idea of it being blue, gold, white, or claret with a white border to contrast the main claret feels wrong to me.

1 minute ago, His Name Is Death said:

The lion looks fantastic on its own, doesn't it?

Don't know what colour it would have to be to work on our home kit, though. Somehow, the idea of it being blue, gold, white, or claret with a white border to contrast the main claret feels wrong to me.

Yeah, that’s why I posted it. It looks great on it’s own and the star does too. I think it could work on the home kit… silver looks good 👌

Something like that wouldn’t look bad as a 3rd kit or even a similarly designed black away one.

You know what? Our Reebok kits were brilliant, maybe they’ve been underrated or forgotten…

Would love to see modernised versions of these:

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

A few other Reebok designs were great too…

if we only we could get the same shirt sponsor 🤣 👌

23 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

You know what? Our Reebok kits were brilliant, maybe they’ve been underrated or forgotten…

spacer.png

spacer.png

if we only we could get the same shirt sponsor 🤣👌

These 2 have recently been added to the retro range on the club store

Unfortunately because I'm a tart and they haven't got the Reebok logo on them I cant bring myself to buy them 

The white away one with the sash would be my choice for a comeback 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

if we only we could get the same shirt sponsor 🤣👌

Yeah, but which sponsor was better? Ast or Cows?

• Haha 1

On 04/06/2021 at 06:11, It's Your Round said:

If they released them now then they’d get a good uptake of fans wanting Grealish on the back in time for the Euros. Not all England fans want an England shirt but can still show their support by wearing a Grealish Villa shirt. It sets you apart from the casual, non-Villa, Grealish fan that might buy his England shirt. And there will be some, despite everyone hating him a year ago. 

Wait hang on - have I read this right - you’re suggesting some non-Villa fans would buy a Villa shirt with Grealish on because they support England but don’t want an England shirt? As if I, say, bought a Rashford Man United shirt to show my support?

That would be a pretty small pool I’d say. 

That said… I might just be showing my age. Kids these days are definitely fans of players not teams. And I can imagine myself getting a Dortmund shirt with Sancho I suppose. But can’t imagine doing that with another English team. You’ve got me questioning my logic though 😂

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Wait hang on - have I read this right - you’re suggesting some non-Villa fans would buy a Villa shirt with Grealish on because they support England but don’t want an England shirt? As if I, say, bought a Rashford Man United shirt to show my support?

That would be a pretty small pool I’d say. 

That said… I might just be showing my age. Kids these days are definitely fans of players not teams. And I can imagine myself getting a Dortmund shirt with Sancho I suppose. But can’t imagine doing that with another English team. You’ve got me questioning my logic though 😂

I may have made a mess of explaining that 👀

Basically I’m saying that a lot of Villa fans would rather wear the Villa shirt with Grealish on the back than wear an England shirt. 

Some non-Villa fans will buy an England shirt with Grealish on.

Those wearing the Villa kit can proclaim they are the true and original Grealish advocates. 

I’m not saying that other club fans would buy Villa shirts, can’t see that happening expect the odd small heathen who would spend their Jobseeker’s Allowance just for the photo of them burning it 😂

• Haha 1

All quiet on the new shirt front very strange considering it's the same brand and sponsor.

Maybe there is a bigger player trying to buy out the Kappa contract 🤔

42 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

All quiet on the new shirt front very strange considering it's the same brand and sponsor.

Maybe there is a bigger player trying to buy out the Kappa contract 🤔

I wouldn’t think too hard about it mate. We are historically s**t when it comes to brining out the kit. 

Really hope they get it right and we get an iconic kit that looks great.  Going to be a huge season for our marketing potential after Jack shines at the Euros.

Wouldn't hurt to have fun showing it off before the tournament starts either.