Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

I only have last year's away stadium kit, but it isn't too bad. I think it's better than Under Armour's efforts for us even though the shoulders were weird. I'm expecting this season's pro kit to be even better.

I've got 3 training shirts

Would have more if the sizes were available 

The white shirt / jumper with the grey shorts from this year was brilliant, couldn't get any of it in large after about a weeks worth of sale, think its even called pre season training kit so they purposefully didn't do much of it, **** that 

10 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I agree with all the previous posters comments, they so look beautiful.

With the sash, maybe put the lightning kink below the sponsor, so its a visible one, rather than a hidden one that could be misconstrued as a design flaw. Not sure it would work, but might be worth a try if you do get any spare time.

In any case, that's 2 years in a row (probably more) you've produced spectacular looking designs, is it a passtime or a profession?

Again, thank you for the kind words!

Regarding the bit in bold, a bit of both really. Professionally, I am a designer, primarily I design and build websites and on occasion get to design logos, posters, etc. However, I have no formal training in fashion design, or indeed any design as I'm entirely self taught. So these concepts are just a bit of fun, combining an interest/experience in design with a love of Villa and football in general.

If anyone is seriously interested in kit design then @NurembergVillanis your man, and his course https://sparkdesignacademy.com/p/football-kit-design-the-collectors-edition looks pretty good to me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I like that, don't think it's last years, the black one of them we had had white bits not claret

Assume they do the jumper, jacket, polo and t-shirt to match I'd be interested in the t-shirt 

76b76480-cf6c-11eb-ae77-e396b4749e62 (3).jpg

I have that polo defo last seasons.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I like that, don't think it's last years, the black one of them we had had white bits not claret

Assume they do the jumper, jacket, polo and t-shirt to match I'd be interested in the t-shirt 

76b76480-cf6c-11eb-ae77-e396b4749e62 (3).jpg

I thought the same, I’m pretty sure that’s a new training/coaching kit.

I hope they iterate on last years kit and training gear rather than throwing it all out. In particular I really liked the colour blend. Was great to see black , slate grey , powder bluie and white used far more prominently. I loved just about everything from last years stuff. I hope they dont mess it up.

The only bad kit in recent years is that green spider web and black third kit monstrosity. Never again plz. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I hope they iterate on last years kit and training gear rather than throwing it all out. In particular I really liked the colour blend. Was great to see black , slate grey , powder bluie and white used far more prominently. I loved just about everything from last years stuff. I hope they dont mess it up.

The only bad kit in recent years is that green spider web and black third kit monstrosity. Never again plz. 

I actually quite liked that 3rd kit.

• Like 3

On the contrary, I hated the white dick splash effect third kit and boring away we just had. Home was ok though, but I’d like a collar again this year. I’d like another go at the white UA away kit from a few years ago with the block of light blue and claret strip, the material and collar let that kit down plus the sponsor being so far down. 

spacer.png

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I actually quite liked that 3rd kit.

Well fair do's each to their own.

I really hate green black & red as a combo (personal thing). Even when its modelled by this great bunch :) Just dont dig it at all.

Green-Villa-Third-Kit-19-20.jpg&f=1&nofb

1670284042_download-2021-06-17T132811_289.thumb.jpg.8e134265d34de30e1dacb5e63b30342c.jpg

I love last seasons third kit though. So classy to my eyes!

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

21 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Compared to last season's 3rd kit, it was art. The grey and white camo pattern with navy and lime trim....... disgusting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

On the contrary, I hated the white dick splash effect third kit and boring away we just had. Home was ok though, but I’d like a collar again this year. I’d like another go at the white UA away kit from a few years ago with the block of light blue and claret strip, the material and collar let that kit down plus the sponsor being so far down. 

spacer.png

fair point, I do love the clean lines here. 

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

Compared to last season's 3rd kit, it was art. The grey and white camo pattern with navy and lime trim....... disgusting.

Did you know the camo pattern was a map of the West Midlands? Still hate it? I didn't think it was too bad at all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Did you know the camo pattern was a map of the West Midlands? Still hate it? I didn't think it was too bad at all.

It could be a map of Jack Grealish's mind and I'd still hate it! Looks terrible on a shirt IMO