Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think it's gorgeous myself. 

Iron it and stick it on an athlete rather than a 10p trouser hanger and you'll see it. 

To me it’s not Villa. I’m not a “claret body and blue sleeves” disciple. That should be our kit 4 out of every 5 years. But when we do switch it up, the blue and claret need to be alternated vertically. We’ve had claret and blue stripes, Luke’s shirt had blue vertical segments down the side. As far as I know, we haven’t mixed claret and blue horizontally in a home shirt. 

but hey, to each their own.

Edited by MNVillan

On 26/05/2021 at 15:09, NurembergVillan said:

Nearly payday, so those of you who love kits and want to learn all about how they're designed and why they look as they do, should probably get onto this - https://sparkdesignacademy.com/p/football-kit-design-the-collectors-edition

It's an eLearning course created by me and my business partner, as we've designed a World Cup winning shirt each.

Put the code ICONIC in at checkout and you can get 40% off the RRP too!

That's why your PFP is an Italian holding the world Cup. **** Awesome. 

• Thanks 1

I know it's not our traditional colours but I'd like someone to have a go at the white black and blue umbro kit

See also the turquoise and black kit from the MON years 

That said I really like the white kit with c&b sash too, you can't make a bad sash kit with our colours 

49 minutes ago, 0Lamptey said:

I've done some sketch concepts based on the Kappa type shirt. Stripes and black change shorts on the home kit would be controversial, but I found some photos of this mash-up when we had Hummel in the David Platt days and I think it works.

spacer.png

48 minutes ago, 0Lamptey said:

Away based on 1992/93

spacer.png

47 minutes ago, 0Lamptey said:

Third:

spacer.png

All of those that you have designed/submitted look bloody awesome mate.

Nice work.

1 hour ago, 0Lamptey said:

I've done some sketch concepts based on the Kappa type shirt. Stripes and black change shorts on the home kit would be controversial, but I found some photos of this mash-up when we had Hummel in the David Platt days and I think it works.

spacer.png

I'd love to see a striped shirt like this as a one off. My first Villa shirt was the 99/00 home so I've always been partial to them

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Just not a fan of stripes on the home shirt, I like a plain & proper claret body 👌

A bit ironic given your avatar, but I assume that’s more about the player than the shirt 😉

I agree, for what it’s worth - not a fan of claret and blue stripes. Wouldn’t mind an all-claret body again like with the Luke home shirt, though, or something else a bit out of left field.