Pre match thread

zab6359

With no crowds so less pressure and with them riding the rest of a wave with  recent performances surely JBP deserves a start ? Kessler over Elmo on the bench ? Carney on the bench. I said it before if Smith doesn’t give any minutes to these youngsters before seasons end then ill be in the Smith out camp ... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

As I said in the main thread, you can't play KD without shifting Ollie out wide and Smith clearly doesn't want to do that.

Our team did okay last week, created a lot of chances. No silly pens or slips and we would have been fine.

But had to play two up front to the get point in the end last second 

Sigh, will still will us to a win but why play the same failing players literally for months.

Is dean hoping that we will eventually play well for a game, with traore mgginn and berkley so he can say I told you so ?

Mgginn looked 10 times better playing further forwards and if he gives the ball away he stands a chance of winning it back rather than a direct attempt on our goal and the team ALWAYS look more dangerous without traore and Berkley on the same pitch.

Hoping for a 2-0 but expecting at best a 1-1 draw.

We are owed decent performances from those 3 for the months of poor or worse form.

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Ouch!

I get annoyed by the circular three four hour long pointless discussions just because some do not see the future as bright with Smith as others and dare to say so ... My post was OTT and I’ll happily admit to being a petulant footballing snob... Smith frustrated me more than excites me 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

But had to play two up front to the get point in the end last second 

Yeh it was desperate but it's not how you start a match. You want to to go 2 up top you get outnumbered in midfield and its a lot harder when you don't have the ball.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

I'm not sure what everyone is basing starting the youngsters on, other than they're not el gahzi et al.

Probably, winning 5 in 20 games, but i can't speak for the rest.

I wonder which other wingers we have at the club?  Unless Dean Smith can dip into the transfer market before every game then I don't see what else he could have done in the wide areas.

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

Yeh it was desperate but it's not how you start a match. You want to to go 2 up top you get outnumbered in midfield and its a lot harder when you don't have the ball.

It is if you play 2 wingers.....whats wrong with 1 floating.

6 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Would have liked to see Jacob Ramsey get the start but hopefully today is the day where Barkley finds his form again.

Why? Literally, why? Who cares if he finds his form? Who will it benefit? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I wonder which other wingers we have at the club?  Unless Dean Smith can dip into the transfer market before every game then I don't see what else he could have done in the wide areas.

I don't think he has to play 2 wingers.