Pre match thread

zab6359

Just now, av1 said:

No problem with people having a different opinion, I have a problem with trolls posting the same shit every week

What do you expect them to post when we keep having the same team selections week in week out. Season is all but over for us to be fair and I think some of these fans just want to see some experimentation and use a couple of youth for remainder of the season.

I must admit I'm a fair bit lost for enthusiasm after seeing that selection, and I'm with the seasons over start giving some experience to some youth crowd now.

If Smith knows, not thinks he can take us to Europe then he better get his skates on and start us on a roll because I do not think he can do it now.

Just now, PieFacE said:

Hmmm I would have liked us to try something a bit different. 

Me too. It’s not the end of the world and I think we’re all in agreement Ramsey and Davis aren’t world beaters but surely we could change it up and maybe even tweak the formation? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is this true? Like objectively factually true - or does it just feel true?

I think one the big things to keep in mind with our young players is that they are just that - young - we had a poor period with our academy before NSWE arrived and it's left us with a gap - we don't have much in terms of players that are 20-21, we have a lot of really talented players that are 17 or just edging 18.

It is true I posted the article a couple of weeks ago. We have the youngest starting XI but as I said one of the lowest minutes played by players aged 21 and under. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

No, I don’t see how it goes round in circles. I agree that our players aren’t world beaters and Everton are going to probably beat us regardless of what team we put out. What I don’t agree with is trying the same formation, same out of form players every week and hoping something will change.

Heres a wacky idea. Play a 3-5-2 with Targett and Cash offering the width and play Watkins off Davis up top? 

But no, we couldn’t possibly try that, or maybe play a youngster, because we absolutely have to play 4-3-3 with two wingers that are below par every week. 

Fully agree, and on top of that I'd also add that another frustrating thing about the usual selections is that some players can apparently afford to be rubbish week in week out and still be undroppable.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The cult of Dean Smith in full swing. Never mind we are in free fall. Playing shite football. Playing the same way the same players who have got away with murder the past 2 months. 

We can never question Dean Smith.

£200m spent and one of the best players in the league but no it is all Dean Smith. Do not dare to question him.

One of the best players in the league who hasn’t been available for ten games...

• Like 1

Just now, Stratvillan said:

But why throw totally untested kids in - if the theory is they can't do any worse that's bizarre.

Davis and Ramsey aren’t untested and playing maybe one other for 30 mins at the end would be fine.

4 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

James out for them in the warm up, Iwobi in

On paper that's excellent news. 

Now watch Iwobi have score a hattrick 

Edited by WooJung

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The cult of Dean Smith in full swing. Never mind we are in free fall. Playing shite football. Playing the same way the same players who have got away with murder the past 2 months. 

We can never question Dean Smith.

£200m spent and one of the best players in the league but no it is all Dean Smith. Do not dare to question him.

I like Smith but his selection and use of players who have severely lacked in showing up in games like a petrol can poured down my throat is killing me now, you just might as well light the F***er up.

This is why I question him on his reluctantness to change a knackered side and use youth here and there so first teamers can get some much needed breathing time. Bigger teams with mor eplayers will kill us now this second half a season because our battery went dead a while ago, the only option were to use Youth to recharge first team battery's.