Pre match thread

zab6359

He certainly should be making the bench given we've go three midfielders out.

It is frustrating seeing our bench probably today with Hause, Taylor, Engels and AEM on it due to lack of numbers. I mean we don't need all those defenders on it surely. If Hause is fit again then that surely means we don't need Taylor there given Hause could fill in at LB if needed. When it goes back to 7 subs next season we won't have 4 defenders on it.

JPB made the bench last week so don't see why Carney can't make it today with 9 subs aswell. Might have imagined it but think we named Steer and Heaton on the bench for one game recently.

Edited by VillaChris

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

JPB made the bench last week so don't see why Carney can't make it today with 9 subs aswell. Might have imagined it but think we named Steer and Heaton on the bench for one game recently.

I think if we keep the shape we've been playing it might be JPB again.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Chukwuemeka would be 14 months younger than any player that Brendan Rogers has ever selected to play in Leicester's first team. 

Luke Thomas is the youngest debutant under Rogers; he was nineteen and a month when he made his first league appearance. He's 13 days younger than Jacob Ramsey.

Well im speaking on the basis that WE would need to try something new and hes one of maybe three players that should be getting the chance and Leicester haven’t necessarily needed to use the youngers as much as we do

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I hope he shakes it up a bit today, even from the bench, even though I think he has limited options.....Dean is a bit, too loyal for me at times, sure they have given him a season where he can sleep at night, but I would like to see them on their toes a bit more....To be fair to him the defence is picking itself and it is difficult to see otherwise,although Hause could come in and maybe play CDM with Luiz or swap with Konsa and let him play there.

I do hope the summer business, isn't JUST a quality upgrade, I hope it gives us more balance and variance of player, to help Dean change tactics as and when, required.

I too, hope we can finish just in the top half, that would give us a decent platform to tackle the next season.

I hope so too, but sadly it is looking increasingly less likely with each recent result. :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I absolutely agree, but I think it's a decision for the coaching team, they work with the players every day and they'll know how ready they are, physically and mentally. I think we have to trust their judgement on these things - the vultures can circle all they like, but they missed their big chance, the boy is under contract for two and half more years and he'd cost a fortune to take from us.

Contracts are meaningless these days anything can happen... just throw him in there for 10-15 minutes we have too many underperformers at the moment that need to keep the bench warm... we need to stop limiting our options... the coaching staff and management should see that we need some new blood on the pitch

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Think he meant Rodgers playing Sterling when he was 17 at Liverpool.

I'd like Carney and Barry to get some minutes in run in but I can't see either getting a start at any point this season. Ramsey been part of the first team squad all season and even now starts are pretty rare so he's being eased into things slowly.

That was exactly who I was thinking of thank you ... not so much hes time at Leicester but yeah that approach 

• Like 1

Please start Davis. I wouldn't mind seeing Wesley on the bench. I don't think we'll see Grealish for the rest of the season. Prediction probably a tight one so 1-1.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TRO said:

I must admit, when is the right time, is not my bag....I have no idea, so no criticism from me.

but the vultures are circling for this kid, and he does look Bellinghamesque, in his stature......so he does look like, he could be given minutes, pretty soon.

I think Gary Shaw was 17 when he made his debut and Gareth Barry 18....so its not unusual,even for us.

singer-tom-jones-gives-a-thumbs-up-to-ph

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone else hate this kick-off time? I feel like I can't do anything, just mooching around *all day* waiting for it to happen . . . and I don't think we'll get anything out of it anyway.

I also hope we start Davis and have one or two youngsters on the bench, rather than 4 defenders or 2 goalkeepers.

• Like 2

Yeah not a fan of the 8pm kick off - as the game has been looming in the background.all day. That said if we were somehow find a way to win it will set up the long weekend very nicely...

Agree about starting one or two youngesters. Gives them experience and offers competition for out of form players.