Pre match thread

zab6359

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Absolutely no idea what other team some of you are expecting to be selected.

A better selection than the players we've been fielding for weeks.

I think more so people are wanting to see a couple of youth take field rather than the same pointless selection that acts like a dry cake stuck in your throat that you need barrels of water to shift.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

As oppose to playing the world class, in form wingers we have? 

For the world class 3 goals in 68 games alternative striker we have? 

You see how this goes round in circles? Fed up with option A because its not good enough so let's try option B which we also know isn't good enough 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I wish idiot fans would sod off.

People are entitled to have a view that isn't the same as yours. If that's a negative view because they are concerned then that's okay.

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Davis and Ramsay are not good enough to be starting, the team selection is the best we could put out. 

Whereas Traore and McGinn, based on form..... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

This in particular is really starting to do my head in 

Why? Please explain ? McGinn isn’t having the impact he can and should be . Is that due to tactics or form? Enlighten me ? I can go war and peace on why I think Mcginn should be dropped 

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Then, we need to move away, from this predictability......hope we do in the summer.

Yeh I agree, we need another system we can use for sure but I feel he's reluctant to try anything at the moment that might unsettle the defence that in general does so well. 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 with wing backs is what I'd like to see us try, it's the only way to get Wesley or Davis added to a line up with Watkins. 

5 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Absolutely no idea what other team some of you are expecting to be selected.

This is usually my pre match line if i'm honest.

However, for the love of god, we just want to see something new tried.

We can actually try new things with the personell we have as well?

Anyway, obviously, hope we are all just being dramatic and words are rammed down throats etc.

ZERO creativity being shown here, in my opinion.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

So you don’t mind that we have one of the worst records of mins played to u21in the league ?

Is this true? Like objectively factually true - or does it just feel true?

I think one the big things to keep in mind with our young players is that they are just that - young - we had a poor period with our academy before NSWE arrived and it's left us with a gap - we don't have much in terms of players that are 20-21, we have a lot of really talented players that are 17 or just edging 18.

Mad to think how much our opponents have been spending to only be a few places higher than us. 

Pickford 30m, Digne 25m, Gomes £35, Richarlison £50m, Sigurdsson £50m, Keane £30m, Iwobi £40m. Talk of Coutinho being the next one. The cost of trying to get top 6 is obscene. Ollie Watkins was our first signing to go near the £30m mark.

• Like 1

Guest av1
Just now, Dave-R said:

People are entitled to have a view that isn't the same as yours. If that's a negative view because they are concerned then that's okay.

No problem with people having a different opinion, I have a problem with trolls posting the same shit every week

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Then, we need to move away, from this predictability......hope we do in the summer.

I agree with you all the way, not rotating is one cause of us being found out so damn much and easy to figure out.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

For the world class 3 goals in 68 games alternative striker we have? 

You see how this goes round in circles? Fed up with option A because its not good enough so let's try option B which we also know isn't good enough 

No, I don’t see how it goes round in circles. I agree that our players aren’t world beaters and Everton are going to probably beat us regardless of what team we put out. What I don’t agree with is trying the same formation, same out of form players every week and hoping something will change.

Heres a wacky idea. Play a 3-5-2 with Targett and Cash offering the width and play Watkins off Davis up top? 

But no, we couldn’t possibly try that, or maybe play a youngster, because we absolutely have to play 4-3-3 with two wingers that are below par every week. 

The cult of Dean Smith in full swing. Never mind we are in free fall. Playing shite football. Playing the same way the same players who have got away with murder the past 2 months. 

We can never question Dean Smith.

£200m spent and one of the best players in the league but no it is all Dean Smith. Do not dare to question him.

• Like 3

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

genuinely curious, who would you have drop out? Barkley and? (Ghazi or Traore?)

Barkley, because he’s been poor in 14 of his last 15 matches. His one half decent performance coming at home to the worst side in the division. 

And I would absolutely never start El Ghazi. He’s had so many chances and he isn’t cut out for this level. Play Watkins out on the left with Davis through the middle, or play a 3-5-2 with Davis and Watkins up top. 

Try. Something. 

• Like 2