Pre match thread

zab6359

2 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

But why throw totally untested kids in - if the theory is they can't do any worse that's bizarre.

When would you try them then ? Next season when stadiums are full and we have something to play for ? Over playing them now slowly introducing them to the first team with less pressure and no fans ? Most fans wouldnt want El Ghazi anywhere near the first XI next season so why not play JBP ? 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Barkley, because he’s been poor in 14 of his last 15 matches. His one half decent performance coming at home to the worst side in the division. 

And I would absolutely never start El Ghazi. He’s had so many chances and he isn’t cut out for this level. Play Watkins out on the left with Davis through the middle, or play a 3-5-2 with Davis and Watkins up top. 

Try. Something. 

fair enough, I would've definitely liked to see Davis start as well. But probably would've dropped Traore before Ghazi

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Keinan Davis is VT's "player that gets better the longer he doesn't play" but on steroids.

You'd think he was prime Alan Shearer, not a guy that got his first Premier League goal last weekend.

When he's come on in recent games he has made a massive difference. That's why people want to see him start.

• Like 1

Just now, thabucks said:

When would you try them then ? Next season when stadiums are full and we have something to play for ? Over playing them now slowly introducing them to the first team with less pressure and no fans ? Most fans wouldnt want El Ghazi anywhere near the first XI next season so why not play JBP ? 

When they are ready. Playing against 18 year olds is not the same as playing in the prem. Bellingham etc are the exception not the rule.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Davis... the new messiah after finally scoring a single goal. 

Is amazing how people have forgot the four years of him not scoring. Same eith Ghazi he's scored some goals but it's not enough, what about the consistent rest of his time on the pitch he's been absolute Donkey Shite.

Davis go out and grab a goal tonight,then for the remainder of the season then we can't talk about how you may fit in next season's team.

Villa needs to move away from these players whos performances lack week in week out.

• Like 1

Just now, Mantis said:

When he's come on in recent games he has made a massive difference. That's why people want to see him start.

Don’t respond with sensible logic mate. You’ll get all the hyperbole. Shock horror that us fans would like to see a player who has done really well off the bench recently start. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Barkley, because he’s been poor in 14 of his last 15 matches. His one half decent performance coming at home to the worst side in the division. 

And I would absolutely never start El Ghazi. He’s had so many chances and he isn’t cut out for this level. Play Watkins out on the left with Davis through the middle, or play a 3-5-2 with Davis and Watkins up top. 

Try. Something. 

i would drop Barkley put Traore through the middle and Watkins wide right and Davis up top, at least for 45 mins just we wouldn't be so painfully predictable and easy to defend against.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

And Deano has shown he had zero response.

That wasn’t what you were suggesting in your original post that I quoted :lol: “200m spent + Jack”

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The cult of Dean Smith in full swing.

There's a cult? I love cults! Where is it? Do we get to chant? I do hope it's not just in your head.

Never mind we are in free fall.

We've lost two of our last four, against Liverpool and Man City. We were unlucky not to beat West Brom last week.

Playing shite football. Playing the same way the same players who have got away with murder the past 2 months. 

Not playing fantastically well at the moment, with the same players who've had such a good season and are working hard to turn it around?

We can never question Dean Smith.

No, we can, in fact, that's sort of what the place exists for, more than that actually it's encouraged and to the best of my knowledge no one has suggested anywhere here that we can't, although there are a few people that have suggested that it's common knowledge that it's not allowed, simply not permitted, verboten!

I promise you, you can, in fact, I encourage you to do it, it's a discussion forum, we love that sort of thing.

£200m spent and one of the best players in the league but no it is all Dean Smith. 

"it is all" like all the good things? Are there good things? A moment ago you said we were in free fall playing shite football, but just to confirm, you think we're awful, but if weren't awful and we're handing out credit, you think that everyone else is wanting to give absolutely all of that credit to Dean Smith?

Do not dare to question him.

Seriously, please do, please, please talk about the manager and where you think he's doing badly or well, there's a thread for it and everything, I don't understand how you've not spotted it.

Should I make a sign or something?

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He has fresh legs v tired legs so he should be making an impact but he won't if he starts.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

There's a cult? I love cults! Where is it? Do we get to chant? I do hope it's not just in your head.

We've lost two of our last four, against Liverpool and Man City. We were unlucky not to beat West Brom last week.

Not playing fantastically well at the moment, with the same players who've had such a good season and are working hard to turn it around?

No, we can, in fact, that's sort of what the place exists for, more than that actually if encouraged and to the best of my knowledge no one has suggested anywhere here that we can't, although there are a few people that have suggested that it's common knowledge that it's not allowed, simply not permitted, verboten!

I promise you, you can, in fact, I encourage you to do it, it's a discussion forum, we love that sort of thing.

"it is all" like all the good things? Are there good things? A moment ago you said we were in free fall playing shite football, but just to confirm, you think we're awful, but if weren't awful and we're handing out credit, you think that everyone else is wanting to give absolutely all of that credit to Dean Smith?

Seriously, please do, please, please talk about the manager and where you think he's doing badly or well, there's a thread for it and everything, I don't understand how you've not spotted it.

Should I make a sign or something?

I like this lol

Donut GIF by KrispyKreme