Pre match thread

zab6359

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We should move our England centre forward and leading goalscorer out wide... Where he also can't press or move as much...

Theres an argument that we should play 2 up top but shifting Ollie wide for Davis isn't worth it

Players can get loads of goals from wide positions, he could potentially benefit from having a big man playing centrally occupying their central defenders. 

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I'd rather us not relaxe though.

Start relaxing and you can end up taking that into next season and start off with a hiccup or few, let's bring some heat to the game.

Not the team, us!

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Because our wide players are our main outlets and a key part of our system that we have played for the last 2 years and we barely create anything through the middle. Barkley at least offers something through there and people are unhappy he is starting.

Then, we need to move away, from this predictability......hope we do in the summer.

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

McGinn can go missing for a season yet as he is a Smith favourite he is beyond dropping. 

This in particular is really starting to do my head in 

• Like 3

You know Smith is catching a slaggin off if we lose tonight when he's screwed the team selection up and has put the game against us before we've even started lol.

The team selection is poor from Smith. We won’t lose because of it, as we’d have probably lost if we’d played Davis and Ramsey anyway, but I find it incredibly frustrating and he deserves criticism for it (in my opinion). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

There isn’t an argument we should play 2 up top because our midfield isn’t good enough to be able to cope. 

There is however, an argument to play our striker out on the wing, where he has played before, and play Davis for the good of the team. Especially as our wingers are shite. Watkins will be our centre forward next season, we all know that, nobody is disputing it, but right now we need to change something to actually be competitive and try and win a game. Novel idea, I know. 

To be fair trying to win a game by playing your best striker out of position is fairly novel... 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not the team, us!

Still let's bring some heat for our players😏.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Guest av1
2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Sod off Deano. Your stubborn inflexible and your plan B is do Plan A better shite is wearing thin.

I wish idiot fans would sod off.

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Because they [everyone] have all been at the training sessions haven't you heard? They are in a group huddle with Terry, Shakespeare and Deano himself and are fully ITK on form and preference.

That's before we've even mentioned that the games that our youngsters have been doing well in have been against 18 year olds...

So you don’t mind that we have one of the worst records of mins played to u21in the league ? So playing Bellingham has hurt Dortmund? So playing a 19 yo wanted by Leipzig and others in JPB is such a risk? What message does it send out to the youngsters long term if they continually ignored ? With extra subs and no fans and with nothing really to play for then I see it as a major black mark against Smith if they see no mins between now and the end of the season. Not necessarily starting but being blooded. Give them a taste and see how hungry they are  and how they push on ? 

• Like 1