Match Thread: Villa v Fulham

limpid

Just now, PieFacE said:

So what are you saying then? Sack him even though we're midtable and not even remotely involved in a relegation battle?

Im saying that he is a very limited manager without grealish

I really do think he would relegate us next year without grealish.  I can accept losing but we cant even have  ashot on target in 71 minutes??

Not being able to take a corner properly or a free kick. Thats the coaching. He built this wquad and has spent almost 200m yet we look as pathetic as last year without grealish

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So what are you saying then? Sack him even though we're midtable and not even remotely involved in a relegation battle?

Dean is given the credit for where we are with these players and so it should be, in the same way he has to take the blame for what is happening now 

Just now, Davkaus said:

If you werre Grealish watching the last 2 months, would you stay? I **** wouldn't. 

Something very fishy going on with Grealish.

Maybe he’s talking to clubs or Villa have accepted a huge offer and he’s not being risked.

It’s no exaggeration to say we are probably the worst team in the league right now, on performances over the past month or so.

The team just looks flat and casual, no urgency, I wonder if something more is going on off-pitch to have had this impact on the whole squad (seemingly)

• Like 3

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Sheff Utd 1-0 Villa

Villa 0-0 Wolves

Newcastle 1-1 Villa

Villa 0-2 Spurs

Villa 0-1 Fulham

Jack or no Jack, 1 own goal in those fixtures is an embarrassment. Stale isnt the word. The fun truly has gone out from this side

Nail on head how can anyone argue that (oh and sheff utd had ten men to add to this)

That for is job on line results

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Of course it is. But then you look what he has to work with. 

We're in a bad patch at the minute. No one will say that Smith doesn't shoulder some responsibility for that. But he also deserves the time to put it right as we continue to develop our squad. 

How much time?  If we start next season like we are ending this season then we are in big danger of being relegated.  I think it would be harsh to sack him now - but he needs to do something that suggests that he will fix the problem quickly.  We can't keep on relying on one player.