Match Thread: Villa v Fulham

limpid

Shite game again, we've not tried anything new since grealish has been out and we've had the same results every single time, there's nothing left to play for why doesn't Smith just try something new? It's bloody depressing watch us play like this every single week now 

Just now, Davkaus said:

It does to an extent. It's definitely a penalty if he doesn't get the ball first. Given he did, it's a question of if the contact was excessive. Looked like a bloody good tackle to me.

The McGinn one is another matter.

Not for me, the question is after the touch where does the ball end up, the answer is in villa possession if he doesn't put Ollie on his ass 

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Sanson has this Ashley Westwood " I'm showing for the ball but i don't really want it " look about him. Early days of course.

We've been suckered with that signing. Seems to have lots of friends / pundits willing to say what a player he is. The best the fans say is "tidy" ...

Another disgusting performance. Without Jack we are the worst side in this league. I think we need a whole new midfield and two wide men in the summer. I’m thinking £300 million should do it. 

on the game, why are we not playing with a left winger I thought shit as both are we would have played el ghazi or trez but seems the is nobody out there. Just a thought but if we had Connor still could we not play him on the left for decent delivery

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Disagree

Players gave up

Take spurs as an example, gave up for Poch, don't perform for Jose 

Footballers are words removed, this lot are not performing 

You disagree that Chelsea have been better since Frank?  He won his first 10 games ffs, you're clearly having a laugh.

Am super pissed at this game already and it's only half time.

Watkins earlier on did exactly what Kane did to us and the ref wouldn't even entertain the thought then we get something real legitimate and they do not even consider it a penalty, this ref has pissed me off.

If this was one of the big 5 it wouldn't of even been looked at that much it would of been a penalty without a doubt.

Why should it need looking at so bloody much, car and referees screwing up football yet again. 

Warkins clearly got the ball first and clearly would of ran off with it and clearly got took down, so why isn't it a penalty..

The worst is we ain't getting a goal without a penalty decision, I want our Wingers addressed come summer and some real money spent in those areas if we're to continue playing this god damn formation.

Edited by Dave-R

So is the rule now you can take out a player however you like, as long as you touch the ball in some way? 

If so, we need to change the way we defend. We only need 1 defender - mings stands next to martinez all game, any opposition forward gets near the box mings sprints out and slide tackles him down.. He'll certainly touch the ball at some point, therefore never a pen

Just now, brummybloke said:

Watch the penalty from the least obvious angle only... no penalty given. Watch it from the angle the commentators first watched.. clear penalty. Watkins nips the ball and the player goes through him.

Seems rather selective on what angle the VAR official chooses to show the ref ?

Disgraceful that he who makes the final decisions only gets to see one angle.

• Like 3