The Race for Europe 20/21

GingerCollins29

I don't think we're in with a chance of Top 4, but it's almost a little insulting we're not even in the conversation in the BBC article by Danny Murphy. Mentions West Ham, Everton, Arsenal and Spurs - all but Everton of which we'd be ahead of if we win our games in hand.

It's a bit like someone insulting your parents instead of you; I'm happy to point out our deficiencies but everyone else should have a little respect for what we've achieved to this point.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I don't think we're in with a chance of Top 4, but it's almost a little insulting we're not even in the conversation in the BBC article by Danny Murphy. Mentions West Ham, Everton, Arsenal and Spurs - all but Everton of which we'd be ahead of if we win our games in hand.

It's a bit like someone insulting your parents instead of you; I'm happy to point out our deficiencies but everyone else should have a little respect for what we've achieved to this point.

Danny Murphy - i wouldn't be too bothered. Laughable excuse for a pundit, extremely bitter about us and i've no idea why

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Right but to be fair all those teams might finish in the top four and we won’t... so we are kind of complaining about him being accurate :)

2 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

I prefer it that way actually. Hope Everton lose and we keep winning and suddenly we’re one of the biggest contenders when it really matters!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Could do with Southampton taking points from Everton tonight. You never quite know what you’re going to get from either team so it’s a hard one to call. 

We could have a chance to go 7th with a game in hand. 

But I have three Everton players in my FF team and used bench boost. My heart is torn. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

But I have three Everton players in my FF team and used bench boost. My heart is torn. 

Just hope a high scoring freak game. Should cover all bases. Everton beaten and high points scoring for your players. Win win for all.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

The Bullshit Broadcast Corporation seem to have their own agenda like Sky with the top 6 media darlings.

When their pundits are Savage, Murphy, Richards, Mills, Shearer, Jenas, Sutton, Lawro etc. Then you know to mute the bullshit analysis during MOTD or just watch it on catch up and skip past it all.

These days there are only a few pundits I can tolerate because the rest of them talk absolute shite.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The Bullshit Broadcast Corporation seem to have their own agenda like Sky with the top 6 media darlings.

When their pundits are Savage, Murphy, Richards, Mills, Shearer, Jenas, Sutton, Lawro etc. Then you know to mute the bullshit analysis during MOTD or just watch it on catch up and skip past it all.

These days there are only a few pundits I can tolerate because the rest of them talk absolute shite.

Can I ask which ones you can tolerate. I quite like Alex Scott but maybe thats because I'd rather look at her than Roy Keane, or Gary linekar. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Agree with this entirely! We are in a position to be in the conversation so why not even slightly mention us. 

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

In fairness to Sky the first thing Kelly Cates asked the two pundits after we beat Leeds on Sunday evening was "Will Villa make the top 4 this season"?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Not to mention the fact we're already ahead of Arsenal, having played fewer games.  The second he includes Arsenal in his write up, and ignores a team ahead of them with games in hand is the only indication you need that he's a useless, stuck in the past, idiot,  that actually knows nothing about football outside the world of the sky 6 (or whatever the current naming convention for then is).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Micah Richards, Alan Shearer, Jermaine Jenas all regularly and enthusiastically praise Villa to the hilt (Holte). It's opinions like this that really make me wonder if people actually truly believe the opinions they espouse on platforms such as this, or simply type and chuck about names that come to mind as they do so.

• Like 1

I only watched the first half, but I thought Everton were pretty poor, only helped by the fact that Southampton looked even worse. Based on this game I'd be astonished if Everton finished in the top four.