The Race for Europe 20/21

GingerCollins29

Tottenham have lost five of their last six premier league games, so they're certainly out of form, didn't realize it was that bad before just looking. They'll still be favorites tomorrow though, if only for that they have to improve at some point. Burnley have actually some difficult fixtures coming up, they aren't out of the relegation battle yet.

6 hours ago, useless said:

Every time we win a game to climb up to 8th it seems a team always has an easier game to go back above us the next day, and lo tomorrow Spurs are at home to Burnley.

I think it's why we need to keep on being consistent and grabbing as many wins as possible to maintain any chance of finishing in a European place.

The teams in and around us will also grab wins which is vital we also win our two games in hand if we are to mount a serious challenge.

It won't be easy, but it's not impossible either.

• Like 3

We are still there or therebouts.

But we can't keep lose one win one lose one win one.

At some point we have to go on a run like we did at the start of the season or we won't really move up the table.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well we’re still in it and now have 3 games coming up which look very winnable on paper..

Not forgetting the Everton fixture which is also still to be rearranged.

If we keep at it then I think March could be a very good month for us points wise.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s the kind of game I can see Spurs messing up. 

Burnley need to just do what they do v us and Spurs will get frustrated. In the away game the only goal was scored in 77th minute.

Not too bothered about Spurs as I think from April onwards they'll start to put weak teams out in prem games and full concentrate on europa as they've got more chance of getting champions league football by winning that than finishing top 4 so they'll drop loads of points in the last 10 games.

In any case Spurs have won 3 of their last 13 league games so they've been in really poor form for months now. In same number of games we've won six.

Son and Kane will be running on fumes end of season so they'll need to be taken out for the odd game aswell.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We are still there or therebouts.

But we can't keep lose one win one lose one win one.

At some point we have to go on a run like we did at the start of the season or we won't really move up the table.

Win one lose one would be 7 more wins which would get us to 60 points. May not be quite enough to get us top 6 but we wouldn't be that far off it and you add 2-3 draws rather than just losing 7 games and we'd be in mix until final day I reckon.

Incredible we're only a point off Liverpool now. They also have an easy on paper game at Sheffield United today but then play Chelsea at home in midweek so could easily be another home game they don't win, we'd have a great chance of going to Anfield and getting something if we could play them now.

Vital we don't mess up the Sheffield United game as we're going on really pile the pressure on a couple of teams above us if we win that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, villalad21 said:

But we can't keep lose one win one lose one win one

Funnily enough if we did EXACTLY win one lose one win one lose one now for the rest of the season we would finish with 60 points, which is usually 6th or 7th.

Personally I still think we will finish 9th-11th which will represent huge progress.

Edited by Adam2003