Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, skarroki said:

Cahill on a free for 4th choice CB?

think he rejected a new contract from palace. sounds like he wants a final big payday. guessing 60k+ a week he'd be looking for. lot of money for 4th choice

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I really want this to happen. He'd be right at home with four other South Americans at the club. He looks a real quality player too. 

Can play anywhere across the front line too and would be a similar style player to play when Watkins is unavailable rather than changing to a different style forward. There's a lot to like 

• Like 3

Look who I found on tweeter... 

If that tweet ☝️isn't enough to make you smile, maybe this one will 👇 (albeit it was posted in May) 

If there's one guy to believe in Twitter world surely it must be someone with this name? 

• Like 1

I don't think Alvarez will happen now, from what I read back when he was first linked he basically mostly plays on the right or through the middle but when he plays through the middle he plays as a second striker, so he wouldn't be bought as any kind of back up to Watkins as essentially he doesn't play the same position as Watkins, he's not someone who plays as a lone striker.

Seems unlikely now that we've signed Bailey...

and not even sure if we've had one reliable link to him anyway, seems every few days we get a South American reporter saying that the deal is done or similar and then nothing happens, has to come a point when we stop believing it until someone more reliable says something.

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I trust our decisions and he looks good on YouTube. But it slightly concerns me that an MLS team are the only other team showing serious interest in him. Especially when his fee doesn't seem too high.

For me for MLs to ever take off they've got to hoover up all the young talent they can get out of SA, got no problem with it being us or Orlando

Same as almada is looking like he'll go to Atlanta 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think Alvarez will happen now, from what I read back when he was first linked he basically mostly plays on the right or through the middle but when he plays through the middle he plays as a second striker, so he wouldn't be bought as any kind of back up to Watkins as essentially he doesn't play the same position as Watkins, he's not someone who plays as a lone striker.

Seems unlikely now that we've signed Bailey...

and not even sure if we've had one reliable link to him anyway, seems every few days we get a South American reporter saying that the deal is done or similar and then nothing happens, has to come a point when we stop believing it until someone more reliable says something.

What if we sell AEG?

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Nothing wrong with JWP

If Jack goes, I have a feeling we'll want to make a statement signing. Someone out of left field for £50m. 

Agreed. Also I think the reason most of us don’t want to sell Jack is that however much money we receive, the club are not yet in a position to replace like for like, in that we aren’t going to attract ready made world class players currently. 

So when people say stuff like the post you’ve quoted it confuses me, if (and I still don’t think he leaves) Jack leaves, it’s about improving the overall quality of the squad rather than looking for the impossible (direct replacement). JWP and McNeil both do that IMO 

If El Ghazi or especially Grealish leave then we may well be interested in another winger, but I'd still doubt the links to Alvarez as much as he seems like a good player, as it seems no one reliable as reported it and we've seen this with South American players and their media in the past.

Besides he plays mainly on the right hand side, we've already got Buendia, and Traore who play mostly in that position and I think Bailey often plays there as well, so if we were to sign another winger I think it would more likely be one that usually plays on the left.

37 minutes ago, useless said:

I doubt that Winks would go to Southampton as he'd have better teams wanting to sign him and if he was to cost £25m plus then I doubt that Southampton would spend that on one player as their whole team needs strengthening to give them a chance of avoiding a relegation battle, and from what I can gather they haven't got much money any money they do have/receive they will have to spread it around.

Southampton might have cash from us available to buy two or three players that might do a job for them, but Levy will do well to get £20m for him, let alone £25m imo. I also suspect Southampton might be about the right level for Winks just now.   

I just have a feeling that we will end up signing Ward-Prowse and Alvarez. Then make a move for Tuanzebe, who wouldn’t be my first choice but if it’s a loan it makes sense as we can’t keep spending forever. Unless Grealish leaves, which I really hope he doesn’t.