Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Winks is underrated on here, as midfielders of his type typically are, he's a decent enough player and can pretty much guarantee that if he was to leave Spurs he'd have better positioned clubs than Southampton currently are trying to sign him, he'd more likely end up somewhere like West Ham, Everton, or perhaps Leeds than Southampton.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I trust our decisions and he looks good on YouTube. But it slightly concerns me that an MLS team are the only other team showing serious interest in him. Especially when his fee doesn't seem too high.

Can't recall where I saw it but he was definitely also linked with AC Milan. 

14 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I just have a feeling that we will end up signing Ward-Prowse and Alvarez. Then make a move for Tuanzebe, who wouldn’t be my first choice but if it’s a loan it makes sense as we can’t keep spending forever. Unless Grealish leaves, which I really hope he doesn’t.

Saw a rumour earlier they want £5m for a loan 

**** man utd 

• Like 1

Just seen that Thierry Small has turned seventeen today so should find out in the coming days who's signing for as he can now sign a professional contract. Has been linked to Man Utd, Bayern Munich, and us, could also stay with Everton but hasn't returned to training with them or so I read.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yet more of this, never reported in the UK tho.

As @Wes mentioned I think this is just a rehash. Nothing new in there, just a 'ESPN have previously reported Villa are in for him' type thing.

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Winks is shit. Saints are about right for him.

He really isn’t… he is a very good regista and would be fully appreciated in Italy or Spain .. sadly not so much in the UK - Would be happy to have him here but he would soon be turned upon no doubt… 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I trust our decisions and he looks good on YouTube. But it slightly concerns me that an MLS team are the only other team showing serious interest in him. Especially when his fee doesn't seem too high.

He been linked with Ajax and AC … 

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He really isn’t… he is a very good regista and would be fully appreciated in Italy or Spain .. sadly not so much in the UK - Would be happy to have him here but he would soon be turned upon no doubt… 

I think the things he's good at would make him a good fit for us.

• Like 1

I was going on about it last season and feel it is even more pressing now, we need another CB! And I'm worried about the lack of links to one. have we heard about anyone else than Tuanzebe, and that can as well be old lazy links.

I was really surprised that Mings played almost every game last season. I don't expect him to do that this season and especially after the congested schedule last season and the Euros. Hause was better than expected but we cant count on him other than coming in the odd game or in the cups. We desperately need cover for Mings and Konsa, if one of them get a lengthy injury it could derail our whole season. And they wont be able to be in top form or avoid suspensions during the whole season anyway.

I'd like us to bring in two CB:s, one older head (Cahill?) and one who can really compete with Konsa and Mings, preferably who is also one for the future. I wouldn't mind having Tuanzebe back, but would prefer someone even better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Just what are everyone basing their assumptions that Axel can indeed being a competent Premier League CB? Is it his performances in the championship season 2018/2019. ??? 

Haha yes 😄 and some short cameos at Man U (but would like to underline my "would prefer someone even better")!

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He is shit. Jack of no trades. Does all things with equally unspectacular results. Not at all what we need. 

I don’t think Winks is much cop either. If he was at Norwich or Sheffield Utd people wouldn’t even bat an eyelid at him. 

I think Declan Rice is poor too. He just runs around like a headless chicken and looked exhausted by the end without actually contributing.

Edited by alreadyexists

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Emi Martinez says Hi 😉

A back up keeper who took 10 years to break into the team after a number of uninspiring loans. Not the same comparison at all … Axel is a poor mans Konsa who only gets spoken about because he was in the promotion team and (hardly ever) plays for Man Utd. He is poor in the air and not what we need IMO… Happy for him to be the new McGrath just cannot see it ever myself.  

• Like 1