Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

IF he does leave I wonder what the plan will be from NSWE & Purslow . Rumour and it Purslow has blocked the appointment of Dowling as he isn’t high profile enough to replace Terry and he wants a bigger name… Grealish going leaves a huge marketing hole which Cantwell will never be able to fill. I wonder if they’ll instruct Lange to go big on replacing him with a high Calibre and marketable replacement. How we manage Jack’s departure in terms of narrative and optics is key … we make the move work for us 

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

IF he does leave I wonder what the plan will be from NSWE & Purslow . Rumour and it Purslow has blocked the appointment of Dowling as he isn’t high profile enough to replace Terry and he wants a bigger name… Grealish going leaves a huge marketing hole which Cantwell will never be able to fill. I wonder if they’ll instruct Lange to go big on replacing him with a high Calibre and marketable replacement. How we manage Jack’s departure in terms of narrative and optics is key … we make the move work for us 

i cant believe Purslow has blocked the appointment of a coach if Deano wanted him.

• Like 2

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Gary Cahill on a free for a season? Would be decent back up behind Konsa perhaps?

yep i mentioned that a couple of weeks ago, i think it would be a great short term signing on a free if he's happy being 3rd or 4th choice CB, it also gives us some experience, would be good for the youth...and prob some of our senior players tbh (bit like Young).

26 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Gary Cahill on a free for a season? Would be decent back up behind Konsa perhaps?

Honestly not a bad shout at all, having watched Tuenzebe for United last season he looks half the player he was for when we had him on load. I think he'd be a better cheaper option. 

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Big factor would be how much desire he has to be playing/a starter at this stage of his career as he wouldnt be here

IF Grealish goes, I would like us to go all in for JWP and Dwight Mcneil.

Also, try to add Gary Cahill for a year. Valuble experience and hopefully happy playing third/fourth fiddle. Add a another experienced GK and were all set to go.

I would rather have Jack to stay of course!

I think if Jack stays we need to consider players without clubs, Cahill is a top pro and I'd have zero concerns about him being up for it apart from what his body can stand, would maybe be to expensive on the wages for what we need. If every box gets ticked though it's well worth considering. 

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

interesting that Robinson & Pereira arent playing in WBAs friendlies so far, wonder who they are off to?

Robinson played in the 4-0 win at small heath yesterday 

11 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

IF Grealish goes, I would like us to go all in for JWP and Dwight Mcneil.

Also, try to add Gary Cahill for a year. Valuble experience and hopefully happy playing third/fourth fiddle. Add a another experienced GK and were all set to go.

I would rather have Jack to stay of course!

Imagine wanting to buy JWP and McNeil with the entire money you recieve for a world class player....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Imagine wanting to buy JWP and McNeil with the entire money you recieve for a world class player....

Like selling your top notch car and buying a couple of scooters for the same price.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Just a thought, many top players have a career plan where they join 2 or 3 teams before they make their massive move (Haaland for example)

Maybe standing in Jack's way when an appropriate offer comes in puts off those players making their last move before the big one joining us?

Like I said, just a thought.

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Rejected contract at saints cos he wants CL

Signs for villa

Would be worth it for the wind up 

I don't mind Ings, decent player and seems a decent bloke.

Massively overrates himself though if he thinks a CL team will come in for him. 

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Nothing wrong with JWP

If Jack goes, I have a feeling we'll want to make a statement signing. Someone out of left field for £50m. 

Just now, Xela said:

Nothing wrong with JWP

If Jack goes, I have a feeling we'll want to make a statement signing. Someone out of left field for £50m. 

JWP is a good player but for 50-60m? Have a laugh.

• Like 1