Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Look who I found on tweeter... 

If that tweet ☝️isn't enough to make you smile, maybe this one will 👇 (albeit it was posted in May) 

If there's one guy to believe in Twitter world surely it must be someone with this name? 

You make me feel bad now for setting up that account. 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, tomav84 said:

that would be the going rate though. club captain, 4 years left, plenty of england caps under his belt. we'd want that sort of money for mings and JWP is 2 years younger

Ok, I wouldn’t buy Mings for that either…. It’s the going rate in the premier league 

5 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I have also been developing a thought like this. That him going might actually help us attract talent, beyond the obvious FFP related fee we'll receive. Hear me out for a second..

Pre-NSWE Grealish was a 23 y/o Championship player, with ability, unrealised potential but roundly mocked by other fanbases for our suggestions of his quality. NSWE Villa have given the tools, the environment and opportunity for him to become the international £100+ million the player he is today. We are aggressive and want success, but we also understand an individuals personal immediate ambition. We have said, we want you, we want success also, we will to build around you and put you centre stage, we will get there BUT if you want success now and want to go we will not stand in your way (provided our reasonable valuation is met). We as a club can now point to this and say look at our track record. We hoover up the talent that is currently a tier below the top but with potential to be top tier. All the while we are utilising that talent to get closer to that top tier.

Also people seem to be underestimating a young football player's ego. They do not think, "Oh no, Jack is gone I do not want to go there" they think "I am better than Jack, I will can emulate him and even surpass him, I will go there and succeed. This club will help me succeed". I suspect even a few in the squad will be currently thinking this, envious of the spotlight, opportunity and status that has been given to Jack. 

Believe in the project. NSWE have been true to every word so far.

Fans mocking the talk of our CL ambition now, were the same ones mocking us over Grealish being a European talent worth hundreds of millions pounds a few short seasons ago. 

UTV

Yea it’s similar lines of thinking, Dortmund got Haaland on exactly that basis. If we can develop that rep we can pick up these players who want the final move before they go to a top 10 club in the world.

We get them for a few years, benefit from that and then the big pay off when they go.

Work our way up to challengers 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Whether Jack stays or goes, I really hope we make a serious bid for JWP. 

Our first 11 would be pretty crazy if we managed it (if Jack stays). 

if Grealish stays im not sure we will have enough money to make a serious offer for JWP unfortunately.

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Saw a rumour earlier they want £5m for a loan 

**** man utd 

Doesn't surprise me. This is standard for loans nowadays. As he's on a free next year it's basically £5m to buy him. I'm not convinced on him but we wouldn't get better than him for £5m.

Barkley cost us £11m loan fee + wages. And then had to spend £33m on Buendia (thank god) this summer. £5m for Tuanzebe and signing him on a free next year wouldn't be too bad.

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Skoda

They’re a decent car now, especially the VRS ones.

Mentioning Skoda though you reminded me of a mate of mine who had one for his first car when he turned 17. 

Back then Skodas were rubbish, his old man actually bought another one at they time….for £50, for parts…..for when his broke. 

I remember jumping one of the old local humpback bridges in the thing, a couple of slabs in the front boot (to balance it out we thought). Landed it the other side rally style too, proper dukes of Hazzard stuff. My mate said the steering felt weird on route home. When his old man checked it in the morning we’d broken the steering column. How we didn’t die that night I have no idea. 

Anyway back on topic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

in car terms, if Grealish stays our lineup will look like this (if we dont sign anyone else):

Rolls Royce

Rolls Royce - Rolls Royce - Rolls Royce - Rolls Royce

Skoda - Skoda

Rolls Royce - Rolls Royce - Rolls Royce

Rolls Royce

Its quite clear to me, strengthening that area, will project us enormously.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mazrim said:

He is shit. Jack of no trades. Does all things with equally unspectacular results. Not at all what we need. 

I don't fancy him either. Purely based on his name. Harry Winks sounds like the Neville Longbottom type in a third rate Harry potter knock-off.

• Haha 2