Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, paul514 said:

JWP is a good player but for 50-60m? Have a laugh.

No way at that price. £30m yes. 

I can see us buying an attacking player for £50m though. No idea who. I'm sure the transfer committee must have run this scenario through. 

Just now, Xela said:

No way at that price. £30m yes. 

I can see us buying an attacking player for £50m though. No idea who. I'm sure the transfer committee must have run this scenario through. 

He isn't being sold for that though, they want double.

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'd be amazed if JWP moved for less than £50m. Off our head if we think we get him for £25-30m

I think we could get him for less than £50m but he would still cost a club record amount. He’d be worth every penny of £40-45m to us, imo. 

• Like 1

Still think we should go for Pape Matar Sarr. His stats last season are already better than Luiz's last season(just went through them all on fbref) and he's only 18. If we don't go for him now, he's probably going to be on a lot of top club's radars next season. 

I certainly would prefer 25-30m for Sarr than 50-60m for JWP.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 4

I don't think we'll target Matar Sarr now we've signed Iroegbunam who seems to be a very similar style of midfielder and whilst not as far along with his career he's a very highly rated youngster that we will be hopefully of breaking into the first team in the coming seasons just as much as our other highly rated youngsters. My guess is that the plan would be more likely to buy a more experienced DM until Iroegbunam is ready, hence the links to Romeu.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

JWP is a good player but for 50-60m? Have a laugh.

that would be the going rate though. club captain, 4 years left, plenty of england caps under his belt. we'd want that sort of money for mings and JWP is 2 years younger

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He doesn’t have many followers but if true…could mean they’re replacing a certain someone.

Quite a random link to make up. I’m sure Spurs would be wanting £30m+ for him so wouldn’t be surprised if it’s to replace one of their midfielders.

I doubt that Winks would go to Southampton as he'd have better teams wanting to sign him and if he was to cost £25m plus then I doubt that Southampton would spend that on one player as their whole team needs strengthening to give them a chance of avoiding a relegation battle, and from what I can gather they haven't got much money any money they do have/receive they will have to spread it around.

Edited by useless