Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We've spent around £100m in the last 2 seasons, and as we're entering our third Premier League year now doesn't that increase our leeway? I would expect we'd spend another £30m or so even if Grealish stayed, and we've still got some probable sales yet.  Maybe after that we could have £45m or so to reinvest? 

unsure, maybe @Czarnikjak can give some detail :P

Still need a back up GK and CB … Alvarez I guess will either sign out of nowhere or go stone cold & same goes with Pape Matar Sarr… Reckon we will sign someone left field if Jack goes as Purslow will want to sign a big name to replace his status… 

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We've spent around £100m in the last 2 seasons, and as we're entering our third Premier League year now doesn't that increase our leeway? I would expect we'd spend another £30m or so even if Grealish stayed, and we've still got some probable sales yet.  Maybe after that we could have £45m or so to reinvest? 

The more you spend in previous seasons the less leeway you have left, unless your revenue increases significantly. See my calculations on how much we can spend in the FFP thread. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

The more you spend in previous seasons the less leeway you have left, unless your revenue increases significantly. See my calculations on how much we can spend in the FFP thread. 

Each year nswe pump more money in through shares to offset debts ?

9 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Each year nswe pump more money in through shares to offset debts ?

Yes, they pumped about £100m every year so far. Problem is that FFP calculations are based on revenue generated by the club not on the amount of money you pump in through shares.

That’s why Man City are now being investigated by Premier League as they disguised some of their owners money as fake commercial revenue to cheat FFP. That was back in 2014 mind you, Premier League is more wise now to tricks like that, so no, we wouldn’t get away with it now.

Edited by Czarnikjak
  • Like 1

IF we do loose jack. Would like to see us go after Pedro Neto if the chance is there. Think wolves have shown in the past they would listen to the right offer. Gut feeling says it would be McNeil though. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thabucks said:

Still need a back up GK and CB … Alvarez I guess will either sign out of nowhere or go stone cold & same goes with Pape Matar Sarr… Reckon we will sign someone left field if Jack goes as Purslow will want to sign a big name to replace his status… 

I assume Sarr was linked with Bailey. Given Buendia plays from the right I'm couldn't see us signing Sarr and Bailey.

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I imagine we’ll go all out for JWP now and that will be our lot for first team additions. 

If Grealish goes, all bets are off the table. 

If Grealish stays and SOMEHOW we did sign JWP that would be a near perfect window for me. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I assume Sarr was linked with Bailey. Given Buendia plays from the right I'm couldn't see us signing Sarr and Bailey.

I think buendia will mainly play CAM for us.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

If Grealish stays and SOMEHOW we did sign JWP that would be a near perfect window for me. 

I just said that to a mate. I couldn’t have hoped for a better window if what you say happens. 

I’m not too concerned if Grealish goes though now. I’ve made peace with it. He’s a great player but I’m fully behind NSWE and the project. With another 100m added to our budget, I really think we can improve the overall team. 

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I think buendia will mainly play CAM for us.

Agreed. I think the club wanted Bailey and Grealish flanking Buendia going into this season. Probably with Ward Prose and McGinn sitting deeper. 

If/When Jack goes, we’ll go all out for another winger. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed. I think the club wanted Bailey and Grealish flanking Buendia going into this season. Probably with Ward Prose and McGinn sitting deeper. 

If/When Jack goes, we’ll go all out for another winger. 

ye i agree, Buendia at CAM feeding those through balls to Bailey & Watkins!

But ye, i think if Grealish goes i think we will use that money on a LW and prob MC?

If Grealish goes and I personally think he’s off (prove me wrong Jack) I’d seriously go all in for Cherki at Lyon. 

He’s only 17 but his stats mirror those of Grealish already. Granted his figures are slightly lower in places but it was strange how similar the highs and lows were. 

His progressive carries was very high, something which our Jack is top at. 

Would take a sizeable bid but it would send a statement out to the footballing world if we got him before a so called ‘big’ team. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I just said that to a mate. I couldn’t have hoped for a better window if what you say happens. 

I’m not too concerned if Grealish goes though now. I’ve made peace with it. He’s a great player but I’m fully behind NSWE and the project. With another 100m added to our budget, I really think we can improve the overall team. 

I disagree. Jack leaving is very concerning. It makes things much harder. World class players are very hard to find if you aren't a champions league team.

20 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I disagree. Jack leaving is very concerning. It makes things much harder. World class players are very hard to find if you aren't a champions league team.

Not sure Bailey is quite world class, but him signing slightly disproves that theory. A club showing huge ambition with the intent of getting into Europe can often be enough to tempt a high quality player to the premier league.

56 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

favourite for ings

i will give SHA or Leeds (whichever of those u support), 5 of my English pounds if we sign Ings.

He is a very good player, but spending good money on a 29 year old with injury problems isnt something i think we would do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Rejected contract at saints cos he wants CL

Signs for villa

Would be worth it for the wind up 

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Not sure Bailey is quite world class, but him signing slightly disproves that theory. A club showing huge ambition with the intent of getting into Europe can often be enough to tempt a high quality player to the premier league.

get ward prowse as well theywould be livid