Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 minutes ago, Creeper said:

image.thumb.png.e2c9e2939c0e5255eb0f1f8e49371e08.png

Very sorry if already posted, and I know this doesn't mean that much. But we've went from 33/1 to favs to sign Danny Ings over the last 24 hours.

I’d imagine quite a few people will start taking punts on potential signings for us given the Grealish situation.

'Villa have interest in other players this summer and made bids for Emile Smith Rowe before he signed a new contract at Arsenal. Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham, who was on loan at Villa Park three seasons ago, has been on their radar along with Burnley winger Dwight McNeil.'

That reads like he's linking him with us to me.

Edited by useless
I should say that article is from Mike McGrath and John Percy rather than just Percy

Come on Tammy Abraham, let'sa gooooooo.

I'd love this one to pull off along with Bailey.

Keep Grealish as well and I firmly believe we can hit Europe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Are you sure that's how transfers work for FFP?

Yes that is how it works, you will need to keep finding 4 million each year though. 
Who knows what space we have anyway? I have a lot of interest in this sort of thing and don’t have a single clue what we have left.

11 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Come on Tammy Abraham, let'sa gooooooo.

I'd love this one to pull off along with Bailey.

Keep Grealish as well and I firmly believe we can hit Europe.

No matter what people say signing Abraham will sort out our striker options for years to come.

We could doubtless buy better in the way of signing another ultra pressing centre forward like Watkins but he has undoubted and proven quality.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Here's what the Reddit guy said. Also says the guy he gets info from has said Jack is definitely staying in this. But similarly says he doesn't believe his own info and post. So I really wouldn't put much stock in it.

I'm struggling to decipher this:
- Bailey = Definitely
- JWP = ?
- Todd Cantwell = maybe?
- Jack = definitely signing

All sounds like a nice wish list. Can't see it being true though I might be reading it wrong. 

Moussa Sissoko apparently available from Spurs, think I'd take him as our midfield general. He's 31 years old so not the right age for a recruitment policy but from what I remember of him he is a decent player

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

@Czarnikjak, with the estimated 30m signing of Bailey, does FFP imply we have now spunked all our available transfer budget now? (not including the Grealish saga).

We've spent around £100m in the last 2 seasons, and as we're entering our third Premier League year now doesn't that increase our leeway? I would expect we'd spend another £30m or so even if Grealish stayed, and we've still got some probable sales yet.  Maybe after that we could have £45m or so to reinvest?