Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Being reported in a French sporting newspaper that we're interested in buying Rhian Brewster from Sheffield United, as long as they can recoup most of what they paid Liverpool.

Evidently, Liverpool  have a buy back clause written into contract until 2023. This might prove a stumbling block.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Shirtman said:

Being reported in a French sporting newspaper that we're interested in buying Rhian Brewster from Sheffield United, as long as they can recoup most of what they paid Liverpool.

Evidently, Liverpool  have a buy back clause written into contract until 2023. This might prove a stumbling block.

A French newspaper says we're interested in UK player from Sheffield that cost £23 million and scored 0 goals and 0 assists in 1100 minutes last season

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shirtman said:

My 90 year old half blind pappy would be a better signing.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I think the things he's good at would make him a good fit for us.

You are quite right, Winks would be a definite upgrade on our team. 
Anyone calling players shit shouldn’t be taken seriously IMO 

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

in car terms, if Grealish stays our lineup will look like this (if we dont sign anyone else):

Rolls Royce

Rolls Royce - Rolls Royce - Rolls Royce - Rolls Royce

Skoda - Skoda

Rolls Royce - Rolls Royce - Rolls Royce

Rolls Royce

Skoda are excellent, you should change that to Ford or Dacia and Mings is a Toyota Landcruiser. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

You are quite right, Winks would be a definite upgrade on our team. 
Anyone calling players shit shouldn’t be taken seriously IMO 

See I'm nearly there too with him but I just don't know why his career has dived, bad coaching, demotivated, was he overrated?

Would deano get the best out of him, yes! But is his best good enough. 

He's somewhere in between Dougie and Marv for me.

Winks reminds me of Ryan woods when he was at Brentford … The role of a deep lying DM playmaker is so misunderstood in this country … We seem to rate our DM by crunching tackles rather than intelligent interceptions. Not saying Winks is the answer to our midfield conundrum but he is a good player who is misunderstood and under appreciated IMO. He’s too similar to what we currently have and I’d prefer Berge to add height and presence. 

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Winks reminds me of Ryan woods when he was at Brentford … The role of a deep lying DM playmaker is so misunderstood in this country … We seem to rate our DM by crunching tackles rather than intelligent interceptions. Not saying Winks is the answer to our midfield conundrum but he is a good player who is misunderstood and under appreciated IMO. He’s too similar to what we currently have and I’d prefer Berge to add height and presence. 

Has there been a recent link to Winks?

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

in car terms, if Grealish stays our lineup will look like this (if we dont sign anyone else):

Rolls Royce

Rolls Royce - Rolls Royce - Rolls Royce - Rolls Royce

Skoda - Skoda

Rolls Royce - Rolls Royce - Rolls Royce

Rolls Royce

So our central midfield is reliable, solid and consistantly good without being flashy? I can live with that! 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

anyone think we will get ward prowse

No. Been with his boyhood club since a young age, only a year or so into a long contract……

…….Hang on a minute!!

Edited by Strog
Spelling

3 minutes ago, Strog said:

No. Been with his boyhood club since a young age, only a year or so into a long contract……

…….Hang on a minute!!

They are not his boyhood club. He was a Portsmouth season ticket holder for years.

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

They are not his boyhood club. He was a Portsmouth season ticket holder for years.

Thanks. I was closish tho 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Skoda are excellent, you should change that to Ford or Dacia and Mings is a Toyota Landcruiser. 

Seconded. Skoda was the joke car manufacturer of the 90s, but quite the opposite these days.

I also hope McGinn wasn't one of them.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Seconded. Skoda was the joke car manufacturer of the 90s, but quite the opposite these days.

I also hope McGinn wasn't one of them.

Skoda, not flash. Reliable and solid, and excellent value for money.

• Like 1