Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

11 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Tammy would be great if we get him on loan w/option to purchase. Gives him a year with us to figure out if he works in our current squad and would be a good signing. In the era of FFP though, I just think spending 40m on a position where the player we are buying is not a clear upgrade (and is arguably a downgrade) just makes no sense to me. 

I would actually lose a little bit of faith in the transfer team if Tammy @ 40m  is the best value striker we can find (because there sure are many others out there that wouldn't come close to that price tag). 

But are there any cheaper options out there that scored 15 Prem goals and are experienced in that league?

• Like 2

I'd still be looking for an older striker to fill in for 1 or 2 years as backup/plan b and to mentor the kids. Giroud / Cavani type. Would gives us more experience round a young squad and not be an unproven risk but equally not cost £40m.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Blimey! I didn’t have a problem with Samatta… he wasn’t good enough but it wasn’t his fault really.

Yeah, incredibly harsh comment. We’ve certainly had more fitting players in that regard 😆

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

🤣

Harsh

Tanzanian fan comments 🤣 Glad that’s over 😆

Yeh that was super irritating, let’s never sign another Tanzanian player no matter how good they are ever again 😂

Edited by Tommo_b

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

I'd still be looking for an older striker to fill in for 1 or 2 years as backup/plan b and to mentor the kids. Giroud / Cavani type. Would gives us more experience round a young squad and not be an unproven risk but equally not cost £40m.

It’s a good idea but the best ones seems to have been taken already… there’s a few that would still demand a hefty wage too.

Any suggestions?

Tammy would unquestionably strengthen us, but I don't see how there's a point throwing £ 40 million at Chelsea. I'm really not sure Chelsea are in a great position to ask a big fee. 

£ 20-25 million more likely. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Yeh that was super irritating, let’s never sign another Tanzanian player no matter how good they are ever again 😂

🤣

”Grealish is too selfish!” 
“They don’t pass to Samagol!”

🤦‍♂️🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pintpotvilla said:

But are there any cheaper options out there that scored 15 Prem goals and are experienced in that league?

don't see why either of those are necessary requirements for us as a backup. Bamford had 1 career PL goal before this past season, Watkins hadn't played in the PL. both ended up with double figures

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

You cant say factually the rumours arent true.  You are just guessing like the rest of us so you are being disingenuous in that comment. 

Wilson has played 254 out of 257 as a striker, so dont try and fit moving position into your narrative because it isnt true and unknown about playing our wide.  You are just asserting that because he has pace.  Wilson is a striker, end of! 

Wilson is 29 years old, no resell value and hasnt played at the top end of the table.  Tammy has played at the top end of the table, load of experience and only 23 years old so has plenty of resell value if he didnt work out here in a couple of years time thus has a value of 40m. 

Have you checked out the length of Wilson’s contract 👀 ?????!!!!

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

Tammy would be great if we get him on loan w/option to purchase. Gives him a year with us to figure out if he works in our current squad and would be a good signing. In the era of FFP though, I just think spending 40m on a position where the player we are buying is not a clear upgrade (and is arguably a downgrade) just makes no sense to me. 

I would actually lose a little bit of faith in the transfer team if Tammy @ 40m  is the best value striker we can find (because there sure are many others out there that wouldn't come close to that price tag). 

Don’t we employ a lot of people for us to see value in the transfer market, where others don’t.  Can’t see an option on Tammy, he’s either 100% yes or 100% no.  We either back our judgement or we don’t.

2 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Surely if Tammy were to come and double his value over 2 seasons then at £40m he would be better value than a £15m striker that came and doubled his value?  Signing a £15m striker who turns into an £80m would obviously be better - but highly unlikely.

• Like 1

I feel like I've said this before but Tammy often plays off the left. He's said he prefers this position as he get more freedom and can cut in onto his right foot. A front line of:

Watkins

Tammy Grealish Buendia 

I think that could do some serious damage. 

• Like 2