Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Screwin hell is Tammy the only striker on the planet? 

The only out and out striker on the planet we've been linked to 😏

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

🤣

”Grealish is too selfish!” 
“They don’t pass to Samagol!”

🤦‍♂️🤣

Ermmm... Sounds a little familiar. 

Are we the likes of Tanzanian fans? 😳😳

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

It’s a good idea but the best ones seems to have been taken already… there’s a few that would still demand a hefty wage too.

Any suggestions?

I mentioned Volland the other day when he came on for Germany. Late 20s and generally had a very solid scoring record in Bundesliga.

Been a first choice for Monaco though last season but if they're impacted with french league cash crisis I'd imagine they'd let him go rather than Ben Yedder. He can also play wide so would fit the football profile we should be looking for if not the general age profile.

I think the fact that the potential signing of Tammy draws such polar opposites in terms of views says it all really about him as a footballer myslef. Cannot remember another recent potential signing which has split the forum as much in recent memory. 
Didn’t really warm to him when he was here and want fussed at all when he didn’t sign. I see the limitations in his game more than his positives and feel it’s a lazy easy link to make and one we should avoid 

• Like 2

This time last year I was desperate for us to sign Buendia and Benrahma to play either side of Grealish. Well we played Grealish on the left most of last season and decided not to go for either player in the end. Now we have Buendia but I can't help but wish we had Benrahma too. West Ham never felt like a club that would suit his style and he didn't have the greatest of seasons, but he is still one I would love to have had. I think it's too late now sadly :( Another who could play in a few positions and create something from nothing.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I love Lucas Torreira, although he definitely wouldn't satisfy those who want a big beefy beefcake DM, he's tenacious in the tackle and an excellent reader of the game. He has untapped potential and is crying out for a move to a club on the up who can exploit it. 

Yep, he's a proper little Jack russell.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I love Lucas Torreira, although he definitely wouldn't satisfy those who want a big beefy beefcake DM, he's tenacious in the tackle and an excellent reader of the game. He has untapped potential and is crying out for a move to a club on the up who can exploit it. 

According to player's agent he wants to move back to Italy

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Herman22 said:

I feel like I've said this before but Tammy often plays off the left. He's said he prefers this position as he get more freedom and can cut in onto his right foot. A front line of:

Watkins

Tammy Grealish Buendia 

I think that could do some serious damage. 

Dogs Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Herman22 said:

I feel like I've said this before but Tammy often plays off the left. He's said he prefers this position as he get more freedom and can cut in onto his right foot. A front line of:

Watkins

Tammy Grealish Buendia 

I think that could do some serious damage. 

According to transfermarkt he's played 3 games on the left out of 260 career games. I had to check as don't remember ever seeing him other than central striker at several clubs

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Hates the living in the uk apparently. 

• Like 2

I honestly don’t think we need to splash out on another striker… Watkins is the main man, and we have Wesley as back up. Spending millions on another is silly at this stage as they will be benched most of the time! 

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I honestly don’t think we need to splash out on another striker… Watkins is the main man, and we have Wesley as back up. Spending millions on another is silly at this stage as they will be benched most of the time! 

Apart from someone like Alvares who can play in different positions and a talent that might improve.

6 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Apart from someone like Alvares who can play in different positions and a talent that might improve.

Isn’t he predominantly a winger though?