Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

30 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

RLC - absolute gamble

Tammy - can't see it really unless we lose Wes and/or Davis, and I really don't think he would fancy dislodging Ollie and will prob end up at a west ham/Palace.

Rachica - completely unknown as the what we would actually be getting.

I mostly agree it would be poor but if Tammy is up for it for the right fee/wages I'd have him.

West Spam’s said that they don’t have anywhere near the money to spend 40m on a player this summer.  Moyes said it a week or two ago, said that can’t afford anything like that because of finances.  Why would Tammy go to Palace.

I don’t know where Tammy will go but being left out at Chelsea will hurt.  You’d have to say we are the most likely with only one confirmed striker with Wes an unknown fitness wise and Davis out of favour.  A team with ambition shouldn’t go into a season with one striker but who knows.  Maybe other options out there for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

West Spam’s said that they don’t have anywhere near the money to spend 40m on a player this summer.  Moyes said it a week or two ago, said that can’t afford anything like that because of finances.  Why would Tammy go to Palace.

I don’t know where Tammy will go but being left out at Chelsea will hurt.  You’d have to say we are the most likely with only one confirmed striker with Wes an unknown fitness wise and Davis out of favour.  A team with ambition shouldn’t go into a season with one striker but who knows.  Maybe other options out there for him.

Just a gut feeling that if he doesn't find a progressive club like ours, he may end up taking an easy London option.

You know I'd have him here all day long, I'd let Davis go and Wes is unknown, Wes loan too and Tammy in.

5 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I can see Tammy ending up at Spuds if Kane leaves.

Said that last week. Makes perfect sense to me. I’m beginning to wonder if Kane will go though. Do you reckon he’ll wait to see which manager comes in?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just a gut feeling that if he doesn't find a progressive club like ours, he may end up taking an easy London option.

You know I'd have him here all day long, I'd let Davis go and Wes is unknown, Wes loan too and Tammy in.

Yeah I know....the Spurs shout was a good one.  I did wonder if Leicester would take a chance with Vardy being 34 now.  I think Tammys is too proud (ego too big) to join just anybody at the moment like Palace.

With regards to Tammy, I can only see him coming if we have a plan to use him and Ollie in the same team, which probably means Ollie playing out wide. We’re not yet in a position to have £30/40m players as backups. 

Possibly if Rashica is as good as he has sometimes appeared to be, (YouTube caveats very much to the fore),  he may be a great option. Very pacy wide player who can also play as a central striker. The ideal attacking utility player. 

Davis for all the affection he gets probably isn’t going to make it. It’s not just that he doesn’t score enough goals, he barely scores any goals. A striker that doesn’t strike, sadly.

Then there’s Wesley, who knows? So many question marks and so little time to answer them. 

Over to the back room boys to make the big decisions. Big summer coming up. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

Just wonder would Neves be available at Wolves? Good player.

Good for I think, they are trying to raise cash too, if he is happy in the area etc Mendez most likely after him going to a scum12 club though me thinks.

13 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Good for I think, they are trying to raise cash too, if he is happy in the area etc Mendez most likely after him going to a scum12 club though me thinks.

Could be but I think Wolves might sell for the right offer. Great link man from defence to midfield and in my humble opinion much better than Luiz while possessing better technical ability than Marvellous although I rate Marvellous. Think Neves is only 24 so yet to reach his peak.

It would take a bid in excess of 30m but worth it in my opinion.

Edited by striker

6 minutes ago, striker said:

Could be but I think Wolves might sell for the right offer. Great link man from defence to midfield and in my humble opinion much better than Luiz while possessing better technical ability than Marvellous although I rate Marvellous. Think Neves is only 24 so yet to reach his peak.

It would take a bid in excess of 30m but worth it in my opinion.

I'd snap their arms off for 30ish million, did he regress a little last year, an injury or something, he was their star man with Jota a couple of years ago. Very good player.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Carlton cole was on radio the other night talking about a deal that was being done where he was leaving chelsea for spurs and roman abramovic contacted him to tell him they do not do business with them

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I very much hope so! We don’t need another £30mill+ English striker ! 

Edited by thabucks

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Rodrigo De Paul 30 million, he would take the creative pressure off Jack and his set pieces are really good

Yep would be very annoyed if he actually ends up somewhere at Leeds, Watford will probably try aswell given the link up between the two clubs.

If he just signs for Inter or Juventus fair enough but disappointing if we just let a player like that who could easily move us into top 8 go to a club with similar current standing.

As much as Dwight McNeill is a talented young player I think De Paul has more to his game and would probably cost less aswell.

22 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Carlton cole was on radio the other night talking about a deal that was being done where he was leaving chelsea for spurs and roman abramovic contacted him to tell him they do not do business with them

Was that the year he came on loan to us? Started off alright but then did very little for most of the season which seems to be running theme with loan players from Chelsea.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yep would be very annoyed if he actually ends up somewhere at Leeds, Watford will probably try aswell given the link up between the two clubs.

If he just signs for Inter or Juventus fair enough but disappointing if we just let a player like that who could easily move us into top 8 go to a club with similar current standing.

As much as Dwight McNeill is a talented young player I think De Paul has more to his game and would probably cost less aswell.

Well Atletico Madrid is the big rumour now, sadly Watford connections could be a thing but yes type if player we need and can realistically attract

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Abraham dropped back down in the Championship to kick start his career again. He won't go Palace or anywhere else just to stick in London. The bloke is a winner.

Yeah but he is not coming back to Villa so irrelevant to bring him up. Not sure we even tried sign him last 2 seasons 

• Like 1