Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

58 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Yeah it's awful.

So you didn't believe their story about us signing Cantwell to replace Grealish then?

Wow, you can't go through life being skeptical about everything mate.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So you didn't believe their story about us signing Cantwell to replace Grealish then?

Wow, you can't go through life being skeptical about everything mate.

So Gerrard isn’t replacing Smith then?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Football Insider " claim we want Tuanzebe back.

|Not sure how his injury record has been.

However if fit, as a backup CB, and cover for RB ( If Engels, Guibert and Elmo go ), surely we could do worse?

They're saying 7 mill.

Most likely bollox though.

For a football insider, he isnt very ITK

50 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Norwich’s director was quoted as saying the bidding starts at 20m for our top stars. 

Yes he was quoted as saying that - a year ago when they were in the championship and he hadn't just gotten 14 goals, 17 assists in 37 starts and taken them back up as champions...

• Like 1

I demand we buy Chuks Aneke from Charlton as well as Samuel Chukwueze from Villarreal to combine with our very own Carney Chukwuemeka. 

Then get Chris Kamara to butcher all of their names within the first ten seconds of commentary...

That, my friends, would be chuking awesome

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, thabucks said:

BBC Gossip column via Football insider via a Villa sauce are reporting we want a Prem experienced CB to challenge & slot in for Mings & Konsa ... Great piece of clickbait stab in the dark poor excuse for journalism ... 🤔😬

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-aston-villa-set-sights-on-signing-defender-from-rivals-to-replace-engels/

Take your pick?! Joachim Andersen ? Ampadu 🤔😬... https://www.footballcritic.com/premier-league/season-2020-2021/player-stats/defenders/2/41756

I'd be o.k with Ampadu. His loan to Sheffield hasn't been the best but seen him play for Wales and think there's a seriously good player there, better at DM imo. Could pick him up and he covers both positions, Anderson is good but would cost 20m +.

Still wouldn't shock me if we went in for Axel aswell in the summer as we need cover at RB aswell so makes sense imo to sign a CB who can cover one of the full back positions.

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

The young lad playing left back for Palace today has looked really good.

Was out of contract in the summer but has sadly signed a new one a week or so ago. Would have been a good pick up on a free.

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

I demand we buy Chuks Aneke from Charlton as well as Samuel Chukwueze from Villarreal to combine with our very own Carney Chukwuemeka. 

Then get Chris Kamara to butcher all of their names within the first ten seconds of commentary...

That, my friends, would be chuking awesome

spacer.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Does anyone know what Teun Koopmeiners and Owen Wjindal are like at AZ.......are they any good?

@paul514 has an opinion on Koopmeiners. Not sure if it's good or bad though! 😉

• Haha 2

Ampadu has always looked good in the CDM role. Would be a decent signing as can cover either position.

Still think Edouard would be good as he could interchange with Watkins down the left. Pacey winger as well and our attack would be consistent top 8 plus in terms of quality.

Problem is we could do with a CDM, CM, RW and ST, plus a young LB to support Targett and a CB if / when Engels goes.

6 signings is a lot, but possible.

43 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Bissouma looks so good in the Brighton midfield. Shame he would cost a ridiculous amount to sign him.

I've been watching the game. I don't get it, what has he done that's so special? He's been... tidy.

In fact, since I posted that, he's passed a shot 5 yards wide when under no pressure, gave the ball away twice on the edge of his area by pissing around with the ball, and been pushed off the ball in midfield.

I think he's a good player but I don't know why he's anything better than tidy. And his whoscored rating, goals, assists and so on suggest that too.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I've been watching the game. I don't get it, what has he done that's so special? He's been... tidy.

In fact, since I posted that, he's passed a shot 5 yards wide when under no pressure, gave the ball away twice on the edge of his area by pissing around with the ball, and been pushed off the ball in midfield.

I think he's a good player but I don't know why he's anything better than tidy. And his whoscored rating, goals, assists and so on suggest that too.

He gets around the pitch really well, and the bits i saw where he was breaking up play were excellent. I admit his forward play isn’t great but I think he’d do really well for us.

6 hours ago, sne said:

Not watched as much Real Betis as I usually do this season but like what I've seen from Guido Rodríguez (DCM). Would be a cheaper option than anyone already in the PL. Tick a lot of boxes, including height 🙄

Emerson has also been really good when I watched them but again, small sample size as I watched less than 10 games this season. Think Barca owns 50% so they might take him back.

Yeah he's a good player, 27 and well over 6ft. Keeping William Carvalho out who was hyped up for 40m move to premier league 3-4 years back but is pretty average.

Betis got some nice players, I liked Nabil Fekir when he was at Lyon and Betis got him cheap due to that injury that meant he didn't go to Liverpool but he's started around 30 games each season and has decent productivity so the sort that would improve us a fair bit in final third I reckon.

Traore will know him from Lyon so perhaps could get on the phone.

Sergio Canales also at Betis....

Mind you Spurs got Lo Celso from them two years back when he was scoring 15 goals from central midfield and he hasn't got close to any sort of influence like that at Spurs.

Actually wonder if Betis might take El Ghazi if he was included in the deal to drive down the price a bit.

Edited by VillaChris