Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

41 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

He looks okay, but some reports are mentioning £60m.  I have never thought he was that good from the bits I have seen.

For me, I would much prefer Rashica for, say, £15m (or less, given he only has a year left) and Olise for the reported circa £10m release clause (3 players, including Jack, for two positions - LW/ACM - who could rotate)and spend the rest on a really good right winger.

I agree with you, I think we should stop looking at English/British players as they are overpriced, overpaid and over rated. How well did Drinkwater & Barkley work out? I’m just relieved we didn’t and haven’t signed either of them permanently.

We have a good enough core of British players, we need to add some foreign flair and technical prowess to the side.

The example I always think of is Arsenal. Wenger relied on the solid backbone of a British defence and added and improved major talent in midfield and attack. He improved Bergkamp, brought in the midfield powerhouse team of Petit & Vieira, the pace and explosive power of Overmars, turned Henry into one of the best strikers etc. And other teams tried to follow that example...

We’ve seen the all British approach by the likes of Gregory and O’Neill - it costs a hell of a lot and has its limitations.

23 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

£60m hahah

Not. A. Chance. I assumed it would be like £15-20m or something.

Have you just woken up from a coma from 2010?

He's going to be much more expensive than that.  He's a proven PL performer at 21 with 3 years left on his contract.  There is no way he is coming to us for £15-20m!!  They'd have to pay more than that to get a proven championship performer to replace him.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I like him - he certainly brings creativity.  I just wonder if we need some pace given that Jack, on the other side, is not pacey.  Would this help us stretch things more for Ollie etc.?

I read that Citeh want to sell Sterling and replace with Jack because Pep just wants footballers, but I felt that they all look a bit samey when I have watched them and, against better teams, I think you sometimes need something different??

Let’s get Buendia (skill & creativity) and Rashica (pace & finishing) in and they can alternate in the CAM position with Jack. Ollie would be scoring bucketloads aided by them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Konsa, Watkins, Cash, Jota. 

Who’s 5th?

The first three have worked out pretty well and I think most of us know that the last one was a punt that allowed us to get rid of GG!

There is some good value in the Championship.

1 minute ago, barry'sboots said:

The first three have worked out pretty well and I think most of us know that the last one was a punt that allowed us to get rid of GG!

There is some good value in the Championship.

What a deal, well worth it! 😆

15 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Jack spent 3 years in the Championship with us??? We all knew back then that he was Top 6 quality!

Jack is a Villa fan though, Buendia situation is a different

Buendia is not a 60m player as long as I have a hole in my arse... checks... yep.

I know prices are going crazy lately but that's still top, top money and a lot of clubs will be watching their spends this summer. Buendia is productive, he does create chances. I'd say he will go for similar money to Benrahma. Maybe 25m. That's a shitload of money for a decent player. 1 goal and 7 assists when last in the PL. Meh. He would have had more if Norwich weren't shite but still. Flat track bully maybe?

For 25 tops I'd maybe look at him. No more.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Buendia is not a 60m player as long as I have a hole in my arse... checks... yep.

I know prices are going crazy lately but that's still top, top money and a lot of clubs will be watching their spends this summer. Buendia is productive, he does create chances. I'd say he will go for similar money to Benrahma. Maybe 25m. That's a shitload of money for a decent player. 1 goal and 7 assists when last in the PL. Meh. He would have had more if Norwich weren't shite but still. Flat track bully maybe?

Wash your finger you dirty bugger. 

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Have you just woken up from a coma from 2010?

He's going to be much more expensive than that.  He's a proven PL performer at 21 with 3 years left on his contract.  There is no way he is coming to us for £15-20m!!  They'd have to pay more than that to get a proven championship performer to replace him.

sometimes it feels like I have.

Absolutely no one is spending £60m on McNeil. He's alright, no where near that level. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Dunno 

He's better than what we have but I think he'll be a typical English winger who breaks through looking exciting before fading badly 

Typical like Redmond, Gray, Sterling? He’s nothing like them, his strengths lie in his technique not just pace like the “typical English winger.”

Consider how few touches he gets in th at Burnley system and yet he still puts up very respectable numbers, if we get him on the ball as much as Trez, Traore do he’ll be far more effective.

19 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Benrahma himself has hardly set the league alight either this season and people cried on here when we didnt sign him over Traore

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I'm not a social media type but do find these kind of rumours exciting so can you post some of these rumours for me please JV? 

To be fair mate, the easiest way to see most links, solid, Bollox and sundry, is to Bookmark   NewsNow: Aston Villa.

Newsnow basically updates every minute or so.

54 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dunno, ask Jack Grealish?

He's got experience in this field. lol

I dunno man. Jack first year after we got relegated. Still a kid that had a bad season in Prem league. Had a lot to prove and didn’t really impress first season in championship. Second season in championship missed half of it. Got a third season out of him because he loves the club and billionaire owners took over. 

Norwich on the other hand are a selling club. Had a 20+ million bid been made for him last summer I reckon he would have moved.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Buendia would be my number one target. With him on the right and Jack on the left  they’d pull defences all over the place. He’d transform our attacking capability. 

• Like 1