Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

People saying Buendia is over rated and didn’t do much in the premier league….

He had the third highest chances created that year if memory serves and has torn the championship up this year.

Should have got him last summer when he was 20-25m, people on here were saying it, me included.

I even said sign Toney, although that was a joke about cutting the middle man out.

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

He had the third highest chances created that year if memory serves and has torn the championship up this year.

Should have got him last summer when he was 20-25m, people on here were saying it, me included.

I even said sign Toney, although that was a joke about cutting the middle man out.

I think Norwich wanted 40m if memory serves and it put clubs off. 

Don’t see him moving now theyve been promoted again. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Correct.

There's absolutely every reason for them to ask £ 40 million too. In a league where Traore was signed for £ 17 million and we are looking for £100-150 million for Jack, Buendia is obviously worth £40 mill.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

why is he at Norwich then for 3 seasons?  He didnt really tear up the league last season and picks up too many cards

Is better players I feel than Buendia with better value, look at Benrahma, Maupay who tore up Championship

He did very well in the PL. Reasonable to question his cost, but not his ability - imo.

9F823593-EC3B-400B-8E85-1A6A7D6829AB.png

" Football Insider " claim we want Tuanzebe back.

|Not sure how his injury record has been.

However if fit, as a backup CB, and cover for RB ( If Engels, Guibert and Elmo go ), surely we could do worse?

They're saying 7 mill.

Most likely bollox though.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

However if fit, as a backup CB, and cover for RB ( If Engels, Guibert and Elmo go ), surely we could do worse?

They're saying 7 mill.

No thanks. 

That guy is made out of glass 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

However if fit, as a backup CB, and cover for RB ( If Guibert and Elmo go ), surely we could do worse?

They're saying 7 mill.

I wouldn't be surprised. Konsa is number 1, Tuanzebe is his back up... yeah OK. Injury issues of course but then again he's a back up. For 7m I'd do it. Engels is clearly off.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They're saying 7 mill.

For that price why not I guess. But since he was last here he's missed the better part for 2 straight seasons due to injury and when fit he's not gotten much football anyway due to competition for places.

He's featured in about 25 games of football over 2 years and played not much more than 1000 minutes over those games. Guy had talent but also had major flaws in his game, his aerial ability mainly and not sure how much better he's gotten since. He turns 24 in half a year so not a youngster anymore.

Rather him than Engels perhaps but not sure he's an upgrade on Hause anymore.

Football insider should be banned

Also saying thay man City will sell sterling to fund a move for grealish and haaland 

Add to that there story last month that smiths job was on the line cos sanson isn't better than Hourihane 

Edited by villa4europe

Not watched as much Real Betis as I usually do this season but like what I've seen from Guido Rodríguez (DCM). Would be a cheaper option than anyone already in the PL. Tick a lot of boxes, including height 🙄

Emerson has also been really good when I watched them but again, small sample size as I watched less than 10 games this season. Think Barca owns 50% so they might take him back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Awol said:

He did very well in the PL. Reasonable to question his cost, but not his ability - imo.

9F823593-EC3B-400B-8E85-1A6A7D6829AB.png

Can’t argue with those numbers. I guess some of these players have high numbers as they take every set piece. Which makes Jacks numbers even more impressive. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Norwich’s director was quoted as saying the bidding starts at 20m for our top stars. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Can’t argue with those numbers. I guess some of these players have high numbers as they take every set piece. Which makes Jacks numbers even more impressive. 

Absolutely! Apparently Buendia was also pretty good even without those that season.

This is from when he was linked to Liverpool and Leeds last summer.

It’s not just set pieces where Buendia is creating chances, with Buendia joint-third in the chances created from open play charts too. De Bruyne and Grealish are the only players ahead of him, while he has the same amount as Liverpool star Sadio Mane.

Buendia is ahead of some truly top players, including Salah, Mahrez, Roberto Firmino and David Silva.

Most chances created from open play in the PL 2019/20 season

1. Kevin De Bruyne (93)

2. Jack Grealish (69)

3= Sadio Mane (55)

3= Emi Buendia (55)

5. Mohamed Salah (54)

6. Riyad Mahrez (49)

7. Roberto Firmino (48)

8. Raul Jimenez (47)

9= Willian (46)

9= David Silva (46)

https://talksport.com/football/732147/emi-buendia-liverpool-leeds-transfer-target-created-chances-mohamed-salah-sadio-mane/

• Like 2

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

Yeah i dont get when ppl question Buendia's quality, as you say, he was definitely top 5 for chances created in his PL year.....with Norwich!

I would 100% go for Buendia, but i imagine a) he would be too costly, and b) i wouldnt be surprised if teams above us were interested in him.

Personally, i would move Grealish to a no.10, and buy two top class wingers, like Buendia and A.N.Other.

If i were the manager (obviously im not lol), i would move Grealish to no.10, try to buy Beunida (right wing), buy a top level left winger, and a top level DM, they are the 3 core positions we need this summer imo. (or if Grealish stays left, a No.10 and not a LW)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Absolutely! Apparently Buendia was also pretty good even without those that season.

This is from when he was linked to Liverpool and Leeds last summer.

https://talksport.com/football/732147/emi-buendia-liverpool-leeds-transfer-target-created-chances-mohamed-salah-sadio-mane/

I didn’t get the hype but as I said before you can’t really argue with those numbers. Im sold.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

I think most of us would agree with getting Buendia. We just maybe disagree a bit on the price. Nothing wrong with that.

Also, he didn't do much in the PL. 1 goal and 7 assists is not stellar for a starting winger. Chances created are all well and good but it's a little bit open to interpretation. If you lay off a ball to some jabroni who has a pop from 40 yards, does that count? Jack and De Bruyne actually had goals and assists to go with it. Buendias teammates figure in that though of course.

I think we know Buendia has quality though, and is creative. Potentially very creative. I would not be spending a huge portion of our kitty on him, but up to 25-30m, OK.

Edited by Mazrim

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I didn’t get the hype but as I said before you can’t really argue with those numbers. Im sold.

Fwiw I think there is pretty much zero chance we will go for Buendia in the summer or that Norwich will sell him to a mid table PL side.

Unless he has a clause or he kicks up a fuzz I think the money will be too much for us. Our owners could afford it if they pumped in even more money but I think he'll be close to £50m or more and I doubt we'll spend anything like that on a player unless Grealish is sold.

Norwich doesn't have the same need to sell now that they are back in the PL.

Edited by sne