Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Buendia would be my number one target. With him on the right and Jack on the left  they’d pull defences all over the place. He’d transform our attacking capability. 

100% this. He could be very in demand though. Think Buendia may leave too, would he really want another relegation battle with Norwich? 

10 minutes ago, supermon said:

100% this. He could be very in demand though. Think Buendia may leave too, would he really want another relegation battle with Norwich? 

He will be and that’s why he’s going to cost a lot. Money well spent though, imo. 

Really not getting the Buendia love fest. But to be fair I haven’t seen him in this season, only last. He’s a tidy little player. But he seems to be really highly rated on here. 

Saying that I once get over excited by Benrahama and that didn’t really work out as well as West Ham would have thought.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Are Norwich up shit creek financially? 

Why the hell would they sell their best player when they're coming up?

That’s what I thought, they went down and didn’t feel the need to sell him and other good players for that matter

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

£50m minimum if it were Villa and the other way round. 

I’d reckon they’d sell for around 30 million with loads of add ons if he pushed for a move. Can’t see anyone paying that though so it’s another season at Norwich.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d reckon they’d sell for around 30 million with loads of add ons if he pushed for a move. Can’t see anyone paying that though so it’s another season at Norwich.

Agree with this, they have no incentive to sell at all and he was happy enough playing in the Champ. 

Other targets much more likely as much as I like the player. 

We’re already lacking physical presence and pace, I’m not sure that Buendia gives us either of those things. For the money that we’d probably have to spend on him I’d like to thing our all singing all dancing recruitment team should be able to find us better value in the market. 

Be interesting to see if we try to sign Ivan Toney. Our resident Brentford fan can give us the low down. 

I'm sure DS has the inside line. Looks like he could go on to be something special. 

Papers reckon we're after a CB to cover Engels moving on! 

Be a little surprised if we do but like the look of Collins at Stoke if DS doesn't trust our youth options 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really not getting the Buendia love fest. But to be fair I haven’t seen him in this season, only last. He’s a tidy little player. But he seems to be really highly rated on here. 

Saying that I once get over excited by Benrahama and that didn’t really work out as well as West Ham would have thought.

He’s one of the most creative players in English football, proven at PL level and carried it on in the championship. Lacking that ability when Jack was out has cost us top 8 this season. We need another sharp football brain more than we need Forest Gump on the wing. 

6 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

If Oliseh at Reading has an £8m release clause that is the first business we should look to do.

pretty sure he doesnt or he isnt that great if nobody triggered it 

59 minutes ago, Awol said:

He’s one of the most creative players in English football, proven at PL level and carried it on in the championship. Lacking that ability when Jack was out has cost us top 8 this season. We need another sharp football brain more than we need Forest Gump on the wing. 

why is he at Norwich then for 3 seasons?  He didnt really tear up the league last season and picks up too many cards

Is better players I feel than Buendia with better value, look at Benrahma, Maupay who tore up Championship

BBC Gossip column via Football insider via a Villa sauce are reporting we want a Prem experienced CB to challenge & slot in for Mings & Konsa ... Great piece of clickbait stab in the dark poor excuse for journalism ... 🤔😬

A Villa source has told Football Insiderthe club are planning to recruit a new centre-back capable of providing cover and competition for Tyrone Mings, Ezri Konza and Kourtney Hause.

The profile the club are seeking is a defender with Premier League experience who has the potential to slot straight into their first team.

This demonstrates the ambition of Villa, who are preparing for another summer of big spending.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-aston-villa-set-sights-on-signing-defender-from-rivals-to-replace-engels/

Take your pick?! Joachim Andersen ? Ampadu 🤔😬... https://www.footballcritic.com/premier-league/season-2020-2021/player-stats/defenders/2/41756

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, thabucks said:

BBC Gossip column via Football insider via a Villa sauce are reporting we want a Prem experienced CB to challenge & slot in for Mings & Konsa ... Great piece of clickbait stab in the dark poor excuse for journalism ... 🤔😬

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-aston-villa-set-sights-on-signing-defender-from-rivals-to-replace-engels/

Take your pick?! Joachim Andersen ? Ampadu 🤔😬... https://www.footballcritic.com/premier-league/season-2020-2021/player-stats/defenders/2/41756

I call bullshit, terrible sources. We probably bring in a young centre back to challenge them

12 hours ago, Nicho said:

It’s unrealistic to expect all our young players to step up next season but I would love to see Barry, Carney, JPA, B Young, Kessler, Ramsey, Raihky be the ones to bulk up our squad next season as back ups if we focus on strengthening first team places and match day squad. 

The outs will be current subs who’s replacements get in or directly challenge the first team. I also think we will sign a lot already in the UK. I’m not adding Luiz and Grealish to the outs.

Out: Hourihane, Elmo, Taylor, Engels, Trez (injured) or El Ghazi, Nakamba, Wesley (loan), Barkley (bin)

Seems pretty likely atleast 5 of that 8 will be leaving so I expect 5 in of better quality. 

In: Sander Berge, Emi Buendia, Tammy Abraham, Michael Olise, Dwight Mcneil

Unknown: centre back, left back, right back. Happy with Scandinavian/Eastern European wonderkids as is my football manager style.

On the above there is no way we have 8 out 9 in but we will have it targeted and make the hard decisions within our budget. Wingers, Defensive mid and back up defenders probably the priority.

That lot are probably 180 million and that is without a left back or centre back…….

Edited by paul514

10 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I really hope we go all out for Buendia, he is exactly what we need. Our main deficiency is chance creation and patterns of play. We have no one besides Jack who can offer much in that capacity.

He could be gettable for 25-35m, has been at Norwich long enough and proven himself,  he’s young and has the potential to become a genuine star player. Just needs to play in a better side with better players.

He’s been one of the most creative players in both the Prem & Championship for the last few year, is superior to the likes of Barkley (even whenever he’s been on top form) and should hit the ground running.

Let’s not miss out on such a player who can take us to the next level and beyond.

That price when they went down yea…. Not anymore 

10 hours ago, PieFacE said:

£60m hahah

Not. A. Chance. I assumed it would be like £15-20m or something.

I can see them wanting over 30 for sure, I assume 40m 

60 million is just a joke, I wouldn’t pay half that.

7 hours ago, Awol said:

Buendia would be my number one target. With him on the right and Jack on the left  they’d pull defences all over the place. He’d transform our attacking capability. 

Cost.

Should have brought him last summer