Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

56 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

25 years ago this thread would’ve been exciting for me as I’d have known most of the players we were suggesting, now I literally do not know 95% of the players that get suggested.

Maybe I need to get back into Football Manager. 

I found my suggestions from watching european competition or football youtubers talking about players then checking them out on the TV when matches came up.

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I found my suggestions from watching european competition or football youtubers talking about players then checking them out on the TV when matches came up.

Sorcery!

What's wrong with not watching any football outside of Villa and then dismiss any suggestion of players from abroad with "never heard of him, you only want him because of his fancy foreign name"? :D 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Sorcery!

What's wrong with not watching any football outside of Villa and then dismiss any suggestion of players from abroad with "never heard of him, you only want him because of his fancy foreign name"? :D 

I can't be bothered to watch foreign games without some sort of British engagement unless I want to watch a particular player a few times.

I'd love to see us go after Dike as well. Every time I see him he looks very good. @Villan4LifeI think mentioned him a while ago as someone to watch for 

Other thing (which "fits" some of our signings profiles") is that if he gets a PL move and does recently well, he is more than likely going to be the #9 for the USMNT which might be a very good way to increase popularity over here in the states. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I'd love to see us go after Dike as well. Every time I see him he looks very good. @Villan4LifeI think mentioned him a while ago as someone to watch for 

Other thing (which "fits" some of our signings profiles") is that if he gets a PL move and does recently well, he is more than likely going to be the #9 for the USMNT which might be a very good way to increase popularity over here in the states. 

lesbian work it GIF by GAYCATION with Ellen Page and Ian Daniel

There's probably usually one or more workin down at the City ground at a night..

And since relegation is getting closer, I'm sure they could do with every penny they can get..

Edited by Dave-R

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

If we are going by goals and assists then we could skip straight to the very top draw and get Mikel Oyarzabal 😂😂

This guy would be perfect for us.  Quality wide playmaker. Probably end up at Real Madrid.

28 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

This guy would be perfect for us.  Quality wide playmaker. Probably end up at Real Madrid.

Absolutely perfect but he would end up at a top ten worldwide club.

At least 60m I would think and why change from challenging for a champions league chasing club in your home country.

His record is amazing right from the moment he stepped on the pitch as a youngster, I'd cream myself if we even bid for someone this talented.

Mins on the pitch since debut 15,057 that is the equivalent 167 full games, 53 goals, 39 assists. Even those stats are amazing, but add in that his stats improve as he develops they are even more amazing in recent years....

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mikel-oyarzabal/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/351478/plus/0?saison=&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=ES1&pos=&trainer_id=

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Only saw the highlights but Bissouma seemed to be involved in every clip. He nearly scored the goal of the season too.

I watched the match, he was very good, both defensively and going forward. Looks a very good midfielder.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

Absolutely perfect but he would end up at a top ten worldwide club.

At least 60m I would think and why change from challenging for a champions league chasing club in your home country.

His record is amazing right from the moment he stepped on the pitch as a youngster, I'd cream myself if we even bid for someone this talented.

Mins on the pitch since debut 15,057 that is the equivalent 167 full games, 53 goals, 39 assists. Even those stats are amazing, but add in that his stats improve as he develops they are even more amazing in recent years....

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mikel-oyarzabal/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/351478/plus/0?saison=&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=ES1&pos=&trainer_id=

wet GIF

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I watched the match, he was very good, both defensively and going forward. Looks a very good midfielder.

If we really want to improve, then this is the sort of signing we need to be making. He will cost a lot, at least £40m, but he would make a huge difference. There will be some competition for his signature though.

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

If we really want to improve, then this is the sort of signing we need to be making. He will cost a lot, at least £40m, but he would make a huge difference. There will be some competition for his signature though.

Agreed, but at some point we need to think big and act big. Buying these 10-20m players from abroad is all well and good in the hope they gain value and perform but we also need a strategy whereby we're competing with the big boys and buying players we absolutely know will take us to the next level. 

It might be that our hands are tied with FFP, and if so, fine, we'll have to continue on the road we're going down. I just can't see us breaking into the upper echelons of the division doing what we're doing. How much did Everton spend on Richarlison? We need to start thinking about spending similar on a player. 

• Like 2

Our priority signing should be Maitland Niles, he allows us to then go get the like of oyarzabal as @paul514 suggested. Add another couple of high ceiling players to that . Then that's 4 players who can shoot us up the league.

Edited by Sulberto21