Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's absolutely baffling how shit he's been. I just don't get it. He looks like someone who isn't interested in playing football. 

I agree. I wonder if he's a bit thick or lazy or both. There was an England spot up for grabs too. No chance now.

I appreciate he's lacked some fitness but then he always seems to. At times he's basically walked around the pitch. Not good enough. He'll do something incredible once every 10 games that will 'top him up and then next to nothing. Meanwhile, Lingard and other loan players are lighting it up and seizing their chances.

Our loan signings have been an absolute horlicks for too long now. We need to get that right this summer.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Danny Drinkwater....

But seriously I think that's what we were trying to do with the Drinkwater loan, get that bit of experience and ability to talk in the middle, problem being he was a massive lazy word removed 

RLC, van ginkel, bakayoko, only 3 of them left for us 

Bakayoko i wouldn't be against

32 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I understand your point, but I think there's little chance of it. There seems to be a dogmatic approach to youthful players now. You might get a 26 or 27 year old loan player but most perm signings will be 25 max.

I was thinking maybe a player looking to go into coaching as well, obviously its not easy to think of such a player off top of my head but similar Leicester with Cambiasso for example

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I agree. I wonder if he's a bit thick or lazy or both. There was an England spot up for grabs too. No chance now.

I appreciate he's lacked some fitness but then he always seems to. At times he's basically walked around the pitch. Not good enough. He'll do something incredible once every 10 games that will 'top him up and then next to nothing. Meanwhile, Lingard and other loan players are lighting it up and seizing their chances.

Our loan signings have been an absolute horlicks for too long now. We need to get that right this summer.

Especially when u think lingard has fought his way bk into england contention. We thought that would be ross

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Our championship loan signings say hello 😀

• Like 1

Joe Willock seems a realistic option for next season.

No worldbeater but he's scored some crucial goals for Newcastle over last few weeks and we desperately need a midfielder who can get 5-10 a season if we want to be serious top 7 contenders soon.

Arsenal will be happy to sell for 10-15m I imagine.

32 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Joe Willock seems a realistic option for next season.

No worldbeater but he's scored some crucial goals for Newcastle over last few weeks and we desperately need a midfielder who can get 5-10 a season if we want to be serious top 7 contenders soon.

Arsenal will be happy to sell for 10-15m I imagine.

I think if you were talking last summer transfer window then fine but we should be looking significantly better than Willock this window, I'm not sure he'd add much to what we have now and we know we need to improve on that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think if you were talking last summer transfer window then fine but we should be looking significantly better than Willock this window, I'm not sure he'd add much to what we have now and we know we need to improve on that.

Yeah I agree he wouldn't be player for first 11, I mean he's not even getting into Newcastle team currently.

My thinking though is sell Nakamba and possibly send Ramsey out on season long loan to kick him on further and Willock is then better squad option to come off bench and also push McGinn a bit more and rotate.

McGinn and Luiz will remain starters next season and have likes of Sanson and Willock as back up and still allows room to get in another CM who've over 6ft or whatever.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah I agree he wouldn't be player for first 11, I mean he's not even getting into Newcastle team currently.

My thinking though is sell Nakamba and possibly send Ramsey out on season long loan to kick him on further and Willock is then better squad option to come off bench and also push McGinn a bit more and rotate.

McGinn and Luiz will remain starters next season and have likes of Sanson and Willock as back up and still allows room to get in another CM who've over 6ft or whatever.

I think for the money it would cost for Willock, I'd save that money and stick with Ramsey.  I think a loan would do Ramsey good but I'm convinced spending 15m on Willock would be a good use of funds when Ramsey is probably at least the same level as Willock and I'm not convinced Willock is that much different to what we have or any better.  I'd rather spend that 15m on a different type of midfielder whether that would be a man mountain beast of DM or a tricky creator of a midfielder.  I think though that I would go further and add that to other funds and buy a real quality number 8/10 that plays in the Barkley role and let Luiz, McGinn, Ramsey and Sanson fight over the other position(s).

Re Sanson, I'll be surprised if he was back up next season once he is settled.  I have nothing to say based on current performances that he is a first XI or back up.  I also think we should starting thinking as a rotating squad rather than a fixed XI plus back ups.  I would imagine though that Sanson was brought in eventually be a main first XI player and not a back up.

I don't think we'd sign someone like Willock to block Aaron Ramsey and Chukwuemeka's pathway into the first team squad, if we sign another midfield I think it will be someone who's guaranteed to come straight into our starting eleven.

I've said it numerous times but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we end up going for Josh Dasilva, I'd put him in a similar bracket to Cash and Watkins, in that I think he'd comfortably take to the premier league. He'd be the perfect replacement for Barkley and Hourihane as our attacking midfielder and unlike them he has more to his game than just the attacking aspect.

If we don't sign him can see him going to someone like Palace or West Ham doing very well and us regretting it.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

I don't think we'd sign someone like Willock to block Aaron Ramsey and Chukwuemeka's pathway into the first team squad, if we sign another midfield I think it will be someone who's guaranteed to come straight into our starting eleven.

I've said it numerous times but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we end up going for Josh Dasilva, I'd put him in a similar bracket to Cash and Watkins, in that I think he'd comfortably take to the premier league. He'd be the perfect replacement for Barkley and Hourihane as our attacking midfielder and unlike them he has more to his game than just the attacking aspect.

If we don't sign him can see him going to someone like Palace or West Ham doing very well and us regretting it.

Dasilva does look good and very crucially he has the ability to carry the ball through the middle of the park. Could he be our annual Brentford capture? 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we were interested, but I wonder if Olise might make a little more sense, he's someone that can come in and play a similar role, but also give us an option out wide and because he can play on the wing, it would still leave space for the likes of Chukwuemeka and Aaron Ramsey to eventually break through into the midfield.

I'm abit mixed about this guy coming in, sure he's another big lad at the back. He seems to be also be able to play the LB position which would give cover. Now we have this media thing of labbeling Attila our next Melberg, if that's the case I'm a pass because we need much better. No offence to Melberg he did great for us but you want to bang with the best in the league your going to need someone much more capable than this guy Szalai..

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/attila-szalai/profil/spieler/263380

Has anyone watched any Fenerbace games and seen him play by any chance??

6 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's absolutely baffling how shit he's been. I just don't get it. He looks like someone who isn't interested in playing football. 

David Bentley comes to mind, I used to think he was brilliant, and had everything to go to the top.

Didn't he basically lose interest in football and retired at what was it, 29, and admitted it as well?

Although, I think his method is more admirable than continuing to collect millions while taking the piss.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I'm abit mixed about this guy coming in, sure he's another big lad at the back. He seems to be also be able to play the LB position which would give cover. Now we have this media thing of labbeling Attila our next Melberg, if that's the case I'm a pass because we need much better. No offence to Melberg he did great for us but you want to bang with the best in the league your going to need someone much more capable than this guy Szalai..

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/attila-szalai/profil/spieler/263380

Has anyone watched any Fenerbace games and seen him play by any chance??

Who says he is coming in? He only signed for them 3 months ago

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Been watching the Norwich - B'mouth game. Danjuma of B'mouth isn't half bad. Think he'd fit the bill nicely, that is fi they don't get promoted. 

maybe but he did nothing last season in the Premier League

2 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Been watching the Norwich - B'mouth game. Danjuma of B'mouth isn't half bad. Think he'd fit the bill nicely, that is fi they don't get promoted. 

I was literally about to post the same, that goal by Danjuma DAYUMNNN!! I think he is someone we should be looking at, looks great, has pace, seems to be built physically and can score. May not be overly expensive either, let's hope Bournemouth don't come up.

• Like 1