Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, Danishlad said:

Dele Alli would fit in . There is a very good player in there.

Mourinho said he is a terrible trainer and doesn't work hard enough.

Would be another Barkley type of signing this.

For all Lingards limitations at United you could never question his work rate. That guy is running his socks off all day and fair play for topping it off with end product as well at West Ham.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Flip side to Jose’s viewpoint regarding Alli. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/20/mauricio-pochettino-suggests-dele-alli-gets-bored-easily-in-trai/%3famp

Now, Pochettino has praised Alli’s competitiveness, and even added that the midfielder gets bored easily in training if it isn’t competitive enough, calling him an ‘animal’.

“I think I explained before, Dele is very competitive,” said Pochettino. “He loves to compete. I explained to you that in easy situations he gets bored easily. In training he gets bored easily if you don’t put in opposition and you push him to compete, because he’s an animal, a competitive animal. When he feels so comfortable when he’s in a very competitive space and situation he always gives his best. 

I don’t trust much of what Jose says as he throws at least one player under the bus per club... Dele thrived under Poch’s hardcore training regime so ??? 

Without the Levy tax he could be an interesting option as on his day he is a class player. He needs to grow up and decide how much he wants it though. 

Edited by thabucks

40 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

For all Lingards limitations at United you could never question his work rate. That guy is running his socks off all day and fair play for topping it off with end product as well at West Ham.

I would take Lingard deffo.

Ali you just don't know how it'd go because we've not seen him play for a while and I think that's what it's coming down to..

Both are attacking players, both can be very exciting to watch, I'm pretty sure that both players would be a Martinez type signing, where both are determined to prove everyone and the club that dropped them wrong..

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

All you need to do for Dele Ali is to find out exactly what the apparent personal issues are... If they are real, will they be fixed by a move to another club?

If yes or there is no issue you buy him, if no you don't buy him. His quality is unquestioned.

Dele Alli is a player that you could reasonably take a punt on. He’s only just turned 25yrs old, and so you’ve comfortably got 2 seasons to get him back to best form........or move him on for a decent fee. If he were obtainable for somewhere in the region of £30-40m then I’d say we should go for it. It’d be nice if he’d just hand in a transfer request to take away a little of Levy’s bargaining position! While we’re at it we may as well get Ashley in on the conversation and offer him similar numbers for Saint-Maximin! 

19 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Dele Alli is a player that you could reasonably take a punt on. He’s only just turned 25yrs old, and so you’ve comfortably got 2 seasons to get him back to best form........or move him on for a decent fee. If he were obtainable for somewhere in the region of £30-40m then I’d say we should go for it. It’d be nice if he’d just hand in a transfer request to take away a little of Levy’s bargaining position! While we’re at it we may as well get Ashley in on the conversation and offer him similar numbers for Saint-Maximin! 

40 million 🤪

20-30 million

2 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I really doubt anyone will be prising Dele Alli away from Spurs and Levy for £20m........REALLY doubt!

That is what he is worth now.

232 minutes in the Premier League this year, no goals no assists.
Past two seasons before that 25 games each season with around 1800 mins each season.

Pre Jose there was some injury issues but the guy simply isn't being used, even transfermarkt has him at 28m now down from 90m 2 and a half years ago.

Edited by paul514

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

We don’t have a patient enough fan base to pick up a couple of well scouted players from the championship and give them a year or 2 as back ups developing in to decent players

we also don’t have the patience to find some well scouted gems on the continent who are good value for money

or have the patience to let our youngsters develop and naturally break through when they’re ready

unfortunately all 3 of those are what we should be doing, especially seeing as we need a better squad as much as we need first 11 improvements

fans will want proven PL quality and I just don’t think it will happen, rare that players move mid table to mid table and it will come with a huge price tag

Think fans are more on about John Carew type signing e.g. someone experienced in europe and internationally who fancies playing in premier league at age 27-28.

When you look back to the period of 2006 when we finished 16th and then two years later when we first finished 6th we actually didn't sign that many players, was just really Young, Petrov, Carew and Reo Coker for first team so mixture there of potential and proven international quality.

28 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

There is not a chance in hell that Villa fans would allow him 2 seasons to get back to best form before he was pasted to the high heavens for "being shit", "lazy", etc etc and a waste of money. He would need to be hitting the ground running from day 1. Look at the polarized opinions of Barkley pre/post injury here as an example. 

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

That is what he is worth now.

£30m+ minimum, and that's before Daniel Levy has inflated that by another 40%...

• Like 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

There is not a chance in hell that Villa fans would allow him 2 seasons to get back to best form before he was pasted to the high heavens for "being shit", "lazy", etc etc and a waste of money. He would need to be hitting the ground running from day 1. Look at the polarized opinions of Barkley pre/post injury here as an example. 

£30m+ minimum, and that's before Daniel Levy has inflated that by another 40%...

If they won't let him go for 30m absolute maximum in this market then he isn't worth the risk.

Just now, ferguson1 said:

The same positions as I mentioned. 

Could have just said which one so I didn't have to find the post again, I will have posted these players on here several times that you could have looked up. 

LB Wijndal AZ/Sosa Stuttgart both 15-20m - both are attacking full backs
CB There is a massive host of names here but I would just go with Tuanzebe for I would imagine 8-15m (Not bothered though)
DCM Koopmeiners AZ 20m - Absolutely essential
AM Brandt Dortmund 22m/Olise Reading 8m (Brandt is only not playing much at Dortmund now due to system change)
WF There are waaaay to many to even list here I would have gone for Sarr/Buendia but both are coming up and therefore so are their prices it just isn't worth the prices. You can have lookman who is on loan at Fulham for 17m that is a name people know for example but the list is near endless on wide forwards and what are we shopping for 20m? 40m?
CF Edouard Celtic 20m

42 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Really not sure about Dele Alli...

Potentially a lot of baggage and maybe like Barkley he's just not got the desire?

I'm not sure why anybody would bother with English players these days. You're paying probably an extra 30-50% purely because of where they're born.

Every prem club should be looking at the French league, the whole thing is financially unsustainable with the TV deal going under and unless you're PSG every player is for sale this summer

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Ikone from Lille or Neres at Ajax to play on Villa’s RW next season. Saint-Maximin  to play on the left. Merino into CM. Grealish to play at No.10. Circa £100m outlay, walk into the European places!

Now you're talking.

Mentioned Neres before, surely gettable with two years left on his deal at Ajax as they'll need to recoup some money considering what they spent on Haller in January. Can play wide or as CF so exactly what we need.

ASM for that proven premier league experience who can hit the ground running.

Seen Merino plenty for Real Sociedad and he'd give us that physical presence at DM many are calling for. Already played for likes of Dortmund and Newcastle in his career but was pretty young when he was at those clubs, still only 24 and come on leaps and bounds since going back to Spain.

I agree, those are sort of signings that would give us very good shot of at least 6th. We could rival a Leicester then over 38 games.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Now you're talking.

Mentioned Neres before, surely gettable with two years left on his deal at Ajax as they'll need to recoup some money considering what they spent on Haller in January. Can play wide or as CF so exactly what we need.

ASM for that proven premier league experience who can hit the ground running.

Seen Merino plenty for Real Sociedad and he'd give us that physical presence at DM many are calling for. Already played for likes of Dortmund and Newcastle in his career but was pretty young when he was at those clubs, still only 24 and come on leaps and bounds since going back to Spain.

I agree, those are sort of signings that would give us very good shot of at least 6th. We could rival a Leicester then over 38 games.

God I hope Newcastle get relegated.