Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Our priority signing should be Maitland Niles, he allows us to then go get the like of oyarzabal as @paul514 suggested. Add another couple of high ceiling players to that . Then that's 4 players who can shoot us up the league.

Do you rate that Maitland Niles. I've always thought he was pretty good too but a lot of people I know keep saying he's not good enough.

Where do you see him playing?

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed, but at some point we need to think big and act big. Buying these 10-20m players from abroad is all well and good in the hope they gain value and perform but we also need a strategy whereby we're competing with the big boys and buying players we absolutely know will take us to the next level. 

It might be that our hands are tied with FFP, and if so, fine, we'll have to continue on the road we're going down. I just can't see us breaking into the upper echelons of the division doing what we're doing. How much did Everton spend on Richarlison? We need to start thinking about spending similar on a player. 

Well ffp is changing to allow more investment from owners. The new training us almost finished. State of the art facilities. A world class captain. An established prem team now. We are a big draw now. We will see a big signing this summer I'm sure.

• Like 1

Just now, Philosopher said:

Well ffp is changing to allow more investment from owners. The new training us almost finished. State of the art facilities. A world class captain. An established prem team now. We are a big draw now. We will see a big signing this summer I'm sure.

I hope so mate. I do think it's rare to see good players move from PL team to PL team these days. That said, I'd love us to go out and sign Maitland Niles, Bissouma, Lookman etc. Players that will come in and instantly improve us. They're also young and predominantly British so they'll have no problem bedding into the squad. 

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Our priority signing should be Maitland Niles, he allows us to then go get the like of oyarzabal as @paul514 suggested. Add another couple of high ceiling players to that . Then that's 4 players who can shoot us up the league.

Oyarzabal will have Real and Barca after him in at some in the next couple years. He would rather wait for that as he is thriving at a good la liga club. He won't leave unless Citeh come in for him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I hope so mate. I do think it's rare to see good players move from PL team to PL team these days. That said, I'd love us to go out and sign Maitland Niles, Bissouma, Lookman etc. Players that will come in and instantly improve us. They're also young and predominantly British so they'll have no problem bedding into the squad. 

Maitland-Niles won't leave Arsenal unless he is guaranteed minutes. He is a very good versatile player, not sure he would command a first team place.

Not convinced by Lookman. He is a player I'd sign to add competition to 2 very good wingers.

Bissouma is quality. Would love him.

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I live near the Tesco carrier bags' training ground. I might have tried getting Maitland Niles to join once or twice at the traffic lights by the shell. Always just smiles. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Do you rate that Maitland Niles. I've always thought he was pretty good too but a lot of people I know keep saying he's not good enough.

Where do you see him playing?

Maitland-Niles no chance.. look we are currently transforming and hopefully following the Man City Blueprint when they inherited a few bucks.. Maitland Niles is not good enough .. we should sign 4 top quality players come summer that will push us to the next level... We need another player that has the same influence as Grealish as we look like a bottom half team without him... we cant rely on one player we need a good few we can say yeah they will carry us in this game without such and such. Ill pass on Edouard personally i feel like he wont be that much of a difference for us tbh.. we need a Mane type of player (not the current mane though) but those forward wizards will add so much quality for us

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 2

Here’s my random list of  young players I’d like us to be realistically targeting and in no particular order. 

Strikers: Adam Hlozek Sparta Prague. 
Sasa Kalajdzic Stuttgart. 
Karim Adeyemi & Sekou Koita RB Salzburg. 
jordan Larsson Spartak. 
Kaio Jorge Santos. 

DM/CM/CAM: Jesper Lindstrom Brondby. 
Christoph Baumgartner Hoffenheim. 
Marco Kana & Albert Sambi Lokonga Anderlecht. 
Charles De Ketelaere Brugge.

RW: Marcus Edwards Vitória de Guimarães. 
Noni Madueke PSV. 
Mohammed Daramy Copenhagen. 
Abdülkadir Ömür Trabzonspor. 

LW:Konrad de la Fuente Barca B. Romain Faivre Stade Brest. 

LB: Borna Sosa Stuttgart. 
Gabriel Gudmundsson Groningen. 
Matthew Sorinola MK Dons. 
Noah Katterbach FC Koln. 
Aaron Hickey Bologna. 
Yasser Larouci Liverpool U23. 

CB: Armel Bella-Kotchap Bochum. 
Odilon Kossounou Brugge. 
Malick Thiaw  schalke. 

Edited by thabucks

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Oyarzabal is a dream signing, I don't think we can afford him and think he wouldn't  want to come to us.

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

There was a good debate on Talksport this morning (yeah I know) and Simon Jordan was talking realistically.

The topic was Everton and how far away they are in terms of top six and spending power.

In five years they have spent just over £400 million.

Liverplop, Chelski, Man City and Manure all close to £800 million.

Plop's 25-man squad was worth more than double ours last time we played them.

Villa are closing in to the top ten but we are miles away without very shrewd investment and also spending the maximum we can over the next two to three seasons.

Each summer we need to add at least two starters to the first eleven. 

Of course the problem is other teams are years ahead of us as it is and they will continue to add also. Be interesting to see how Everton continue as Ancellotti never stays at a club for longer than a couple of seasons.

It does make you wonder about the gulf between the PL and the rest of the EFL. I mean, what chance really have a Barnsley, or a Rotherham, or a Cardiff have of reaching the PL, staying there and then kicking on? I mean, the gap is just enormous now to the point where the teams that are relegated from the PL are almost certain to bounce straight back due to the money they made by reaching the PL and the players they acquired in trying to stay there. 

Realistically, only 1 club will make it into the PL from the Championship that hasnt been there the year before and even then, they'll probably just settle for taking the money and going straight back down. 

Football is in an awful state really but you will never, ever hear pundits or broadcasters mentioning it as long as they can televise Chelsea vs. Spurs at the weekend. It's very lucky we were taken over by who we did and when we did otherwise we were really in a mess. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Is Saint Maximin really that out of reach even if Newcastle stay up? 

I think we have to remember, if a player already is assured to be playing at the same level as our club,  unless we can offer a HUGE pay rise they won't want to leave unless they need first team football. Every move is a risk for a player. The upheaval of moving, will they fit in socially, will they fit in tactically, will their bodies be correctly looked after? There is literally no point for St Maxim to leave unless we at least double his wages (if Newcastle are still in the prem).

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Here’s my random list of  young players I’d like us to be realistically targeting and in no particular order. 

Strikers: Adam Hlozek Sparta Prague. 
Sasa Kalajdzic Stuttgart. 
Karim Adeyemi & Sekou Koita RB Salzburg. 
jordan Larsson Spartak. 
Kaio Jorge Santos. 

DM/CM/CAM: Jesper Lindstrom Brondby. 
Christoph Baumgartner Hoffenheim. 
Marco Kana & Albert Sambi Lokonga Anderlecht. 
Charles De Ketelaere Brugge.

RW: Marcus Edwards Vitória de Guimarães. 
Noni Madueke PSV. 
Mohammed Daramy Copenhagen. 
Abdülkadir Ömür Trabzonspor. 

LW:Konrad de la Fuente Barca B. Romain Faivre Stade Brest. 

LB: Borna Sosa Stuttgart. 
Gabriel Gudmundsson Groningen. 
Matthew Sorinola MK Dons. 
Noah Katterbach FC Koln. 
Aaron Hickey Bologna. 
Yasser Larouci Liverpool U23. 

CB: Armel Bella-Kotchap Bochum. 
Odilon Kossounou Brugge. 
Malick Thiaw  schalke. 

Some good talent in here.

i wouldn’t mind the club buying talent and then sending them straight out in loan or leaving them at their current club for another season. Chelsea and Man City have done this and it can generate some profit or allows players to grow some more before playing for us.

these players would be a bonus however.  We need players for our starting 11 first

46 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Is Saint Maximin really that out of reach even if Newcastle stay up? 

No, not at all. But another PL team will screw us for way more than say, Ajax or Lyon. That's not to say we can't do it, just that we could get better value elsewhere.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Do you fancy paying 40-50 million for him and giving him a much bigger pay packet?

40 million on a player that can turn a game on its head,  he would be the closest thing to Jack we had at the club 

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I think we have to remember, if a player already is assured to be playing at the same level as our club,  unless we can offer a HUGE pay rise they won't want to leave unless they need first team football. Every move is a risk for a player. The upheaval of moving, will they fit in socially, will they fit in tactically, will their bodies be correctly looked after? There is literally no point for St Maxim to leave unless we at least double his wages (if Newcastle are still in the prem).

Apparently he is on about 40k a week. 

edit: Just done some more googling and I think they gave him a new contract and reports suggest he’s on close to double that now.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I like ASM and as much as anything he brings a bit of fun to what can be an at times dreary game, but couldn't and wouldn't necessarily want to see it happen. Predominately plays in the same position as Jack, is the prized asset of a fellow Premier League side (who are semi-established at that, despite seemingly the best efforts from those involved at times to have that not be the case) and to be honest probably doesn't have the goal/assist numbers to justify what it would take to make it happen.