Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

52 minutes ago, TRO said:

I hope you are right Chris, I fear not.

The Man city thing was a myth, fanciful thinking imo......I would have Rice all day long in that role, over Luiz in that role....or even Kalvin Phillips.....Thats based on his current form, back end of last season, it was possible to see what you see.

If we get a buyer, for 30-40 mill, I will eat my hat.

We’ve seen his class, Luiz’ problem just now is form - like many of his teammates. If you forced me to sell off our team one by one, Luiz would be in the final five. 

I’d love him in a 2 with Rice or Phillips (or Sangare!) though. We’d be rock solid defensively. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Awol said:

We’ve seen his class, Luiz’ problem just now is form - like many of his teammates. If you forced me to sell off our team one by one, Luiz would be in the final five. 

I’d love him in a 2 with Rice or Phillips (or Sangare!) though. We’d be rock solid defensively. 

We’re you a fellow sangare advocate last summer? I just couldn’t understand it when he went to Holland for 9 million

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

We’re you a fellow sangare advocate last summer? I just couldn’t understand it when he went to Holland for 9 million

I hadn’t heard of him until someone on here raised it, and kept an eye out since then. Fits the profile of young and talented with plenty of room to grow. A good addition to replace Marv, imo. 

1 hour ago, Awol said:

I hadn’t heard of him until someone on here raised it, and kept an eye out since then. Fits the profile of young and talented with plenty of room to grow. A good addition to replace Marv, imo. 

It was probably me, I was going on about him like I am Koopmeiners this year.

3 hours ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Basically let a few fringe players leave, Elmo, Engels, Barkley. Bring in Tammy and Dele Alli, start bedding in Barry and chewy and keep what we have. top 6 next year.

Do all those other really good teams in the Prem with better squads just disappear? I imagine this was said in jest a bit!

But truthfully, I look at the teams above us and think unless we spend huge money our progress will come in baby steps unless we get really really lucky with some transfers. The youth players are going to have to be exceptional if they are going to make up even a bit of that difference (and relying on them too soon may very well send us in the other direction)—scoring hat tricks against Burton's youth team isn't the kind of evidence I need to convince me that Barry is ready for the first team. His goal against Liverpool was good and obviously shows something, but physically he clearly has some way to go. He's only young.

We have a decent first 11 with Grealish, but our squad lacks quality. We have a long way to go still imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Basically let a few fringe players leave, Elmo, Engels, Barkley. Bring in Tammy and Dele Alli, start bedding in Barry and chewy and keep what we have. top 6 next year.

Didn't know Tim Sherwood had a login 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

See us and Palace are linked with Loftus-Cheek in the summer. Hope we are not after him, not what we need.

I wanted RLC above Barkley in the summer but I think we can do better now. Depends on the deal I guess.

Just now, Mazrim said:

I wanted RLC above Barkley in the summer but I think we can do better now. Depends on the deal I guess.

Think he's too immobile, and I want the CM we bring in to be either a creative ACM or a more dynamic holding (D)CM.

RLC seem more like more of what we already have, but taller. Sure that will please at least some posters here :D but he's already turned 25 and is already on very high wages. For the cost he would be i'd want better or different.

I think we should sign a senior midfielder late 20s early 30s with a charcter like Whelan or Henderson. We need an experienced pro to mentor the Ramseys, Carney and even Luiz

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think we should sign a senior midfielder late 20s early 30s with a charcter like Whelan or Henderson. We need an experienced pro to mentor the Ramseys, Carney and even Luiz

I'm bit worried this signing is going to rhyme with Boss Rarkley.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I understand your point, but I think there's little chance of it. There seems to be a dogmatic approach to youthful players now. You might get a 26 or 27 year old loan player but most perm signings will be 25 max.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm bit worried this signing is going to rhyme with Boss Rarkley.

I really don’t think we will. Whilst Barkley settled quickly and was brilliant until his injury and our COVID outbreak, he’s done nowhere near enough to justify the outlay on transfer fee and wages. 

our owners appear to be very astute with signings that are worth our while.

As for RLC I’m not convinced either. I’d prefer Anguissa (sp?) from Fulham if we were to shop there. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gana?

Might be a tad too old as he turns 32 later in the year.

I doubt there's even a remote chance of signing Barkley, even if they gave him to us.

He had a chance to prove himself, to get his career back on track, and he's absolutely blown it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I doubt there's even a remote chance of signing Barkley, even if they gave him to us.

He had a chance to prove himself, to get his career back on track, and he's absolutely blown it.

It's absolutely baffling how shit he's been. I just don't get it. He looks like someone who isn't interested in playing football. 

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Danny Drinkwater....

But seriously I think that's what we were trying to do with the Drinkwater loan, get that bit of experience and ability to talk in the middle, problem being he was a massive lazy word removed 

RLC, van ginkel, bakayoko, only 3 of them left for us