Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I’d actually keep El Ghazi & Nakamba as back ups if they are happy to be part of the squad but do get your point.

We our stated aim of us utilising analytics to formulate our transfer plans moving forward we need to become masters of selling at the right time/price and reinvesting that back into the squad like Leicester have done so successfully of late. If that leads to us selling McGinn for £30-£40 million then reinvesting £10-£20 million on his replacement we’ve made a profit to reinvest elsewhere. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They do have a problem? 

His teammate has just been banned for 10 games by UEFA for racist behaviour towards that Rangers player. I'm not sure that counts as an endemic racism problem, but it can't be nice for a black player to be playing alongside someone like that.

22 hours ago, Indigo said:

A player like an Abdallah Sima could be an interesting one for Villa to look at. There's certain project teams like Slavia Prague out there that have enough backing that they're able to hold onto their more prized assets (Soucek etc) for an extra season or two so they can then sell on to PL sides for double the money they'd have previously charged teams from the Bundesliga or whatever. A lot of people talk about how we need to be signing your Sarrs, ASMs of the world before they've already made a move to England and subsequently doubled/tripled their price and I think Sima is one that fits into that category.

He ticks a lot of boxes that seem to fit what we need in a player on the right hand side. Only 19 and can also cover striker, is quick and direct but also tall and scores his fair share of headers. Has 16 goals/assists in 18 league games this season, along with 5 goals and 1 assist in the Europa League against a higher standard of opposition than your average Czech league side. 

Never heard of this guy before but just noticed he will be playing against Arsenal tomorrow. Does anybody know how he got on in the first leg?

On 14/04/2021 at 14:38, thabucks said:

I’d actually keep El Ghazi & Nakamba as back ups if they are happy to be part of the squad but do get your point.

We our stated aim of us utilising analytics to formulate our transfer plans moving forward we need to become masters of selling at the right time/price and reinvesting that back into the squad like Leicester have done so successfully of late. If that leads to us selling McGinn for £30-£40 million then reinvesting £10-£20 million on his replacement we’ve made a profit to reinvest elsewhere. 

Owners don't want a stockpile so sell your first two mentioned players and buy better, much much better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Owners don't want a stockpile so sell your first two mentioned players and buy better, much much better.

Two years left on their deal aswell so ideal time to sell. Can't believe we'll offer either improved new deals considering Nakamba is at best four choice option and El Ghazi hasn't kicked on at all.

Let contracts run down to one year with neither playing much next season and clubs can come in with very low offers. I suspect someone will look at AEG scoring over xmas when he get a run and will offet us 7-8m. Not sure on Nakamba but he did o.k in a few starts this season but I suspect we'll take a hit on his fee.

• Like 1

I think we need someone in midfield, who feels comfortable, heading the ball and has a level of competency doing so....amongst all the other essential things.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think we need someone in midfield, who feels comfortable, heading the ball and has a level of competency doing so.

Sangare who was mentioned a lot last year is doing well at PSV. Good in the air and tall.

Cheick Doucoure at Lens also getting good reviews this season. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think we need someone in midfield, who feels comfortable, heading the ball and has a level of competency doing so.

I agree. We will probably need to take a chance on someone who is younger and has shown in a lesser league. Otherwise we’re talking 40-50m plus. Buy the player before he becomes that 50m player.

With the right scouting we can do that, that’s where Lange and his team comes in.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Awol said:

Sangare who was mentioned a lot last year is doing well at PSV. Good in the air and tall.

Cheick Doucoure at Lens also getting good reviews this season. 

Sangare would be insane but probably going to one of the top clubs next.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bose said:

I agree. We will probably need to take a chance on someone who is younger and has shown in a lesser league. Otherwise we’re talking 40-50m plus. Buy the player before he becomes that 50m player.

With the right scouting we can do that, that’s where Lange and his team comes in.

Spot on.....thats how much they are valued as an entity.

12 hours ago, bose said:

Sangare would be insane but probably going to one of the top clubs next.

Its interesting, how as soon as a good young one is mentioned....the caveat is they will probably end up at a top club.

yes, we have seen that with Bellingham and Sancho, in other positions.

but when will we wake up and smell the coffee, if these holding players are sought by top clubs, why do we not show more interest....or is this thing called "modern thinking "playing anyone there, a red herring.

Edited by TRO

Sangare defensive stats in the Dutch league arent that impressive plus PSV defence isnt the best for a top team in that league

He has been a sub last 2 games when they had comfortable wins 

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sangare defensive stats in the Dutch league arent that impressive plus PSV defence isnt the best for a top team in that league

He has been a sub last 2 games when they had comfortable wins 

His defensive stats are brilliant, like they were in France. He has 3,6 tackles per match for example which is by far the most in the PSV team and fourth in the whole division. He's a proper player, if we have a chance of getting him we should IMO.

15 minutes ago, bose said:

His defensive stats are brilliant, like they were in France. He has 3,6 tackles per match for example which is by far the most in the PSV team and fourth in the whole division. He's a proper player, if we have a chance of getting him we should IMO.

Nakamba actually had better defensive stats in the Dutch league and similar passing stats. Psv concede just under 2 goals a game when he starts as well which doesnt encourage me for his defensive contribution

Unpopular opinion perhaps, but I think Nakamba has really come on this year when I’ve seen him. His passing is far better than his first season. Perhaps he’s not good enough for where we want to go, but I think there are areas I’d like to see upgraded well before Defensive Midfield right now.

• Like 2

On 14/04/2021 at 16:38, thabucks said:

We've no hope of getting that for McGinn. Half perhaps.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bose said:

That's Luiz surely? Hopefully as soon as the Man. City thing goes away in next two months he then becomes 30-40m player no problem given his age and fact he's a regular starter for Brazil.

I mean other teams with that sort of player wouldn't be selling them for 25m.

1 hour ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Unpopular opinion perhaps, but I think Nakamba has really come on this year when I’ve seen him. His passing is far better than his first season. Perhaps he’s not good enough for where we want to go, but I think there are areas I’d like to see upgraded well before Defensive Midfield right now.

I think that is a trap we fall in to..... A good one, turns defence in to attack by turning the ball over and standing strong.....you can't attack, without the ball and we lose it so often and don't win it back until it goes so deep, we then have the whole pitch to get it forward.....we need to win the ball higher up, to play the wingers/ front men, in.

Its a paradox imo.....I am not saying we don't need better offensive players, but we need an orchestrator, to pull the strings and help us control the midfield....we are too lighweight in the middle, so the front players get starved.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

That's Luiz surely? Hopefully as soon as the Man. City thing goes away in next two months he then becomes 30-40m player no problem given his age and fact he's a regular starter for Brazil.

I mean other teams with that sort of player wouldn't be selling them for 25m.

I hope you are right Chris, I fear not.

The Man city thing was a myth, fanciful thinking imo......I would have Rice all day long in that role, over Luiz in that role....or even Kalvin Phillips.....Thats based on his current form, back end of last season, it was possible to see what you see.

If we get a buyer, for 30-40 mill, I will eat my hat.

Edited by TRO