Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

48 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

How many players are Spuds, Chelsk etc going to sign from the Championship.

You missed the point. T get better, keep Jack, we need proven quality, not potential

We don’t have a patient enough fan base to pick up a couple of well scouted players from the championship and give them a year or 2 as back ups developing in to decent players

we also don’t have the patience to find some well scouted gems on the continent who are good value for money

or have the patience to let our youngsters develop and naturally break through when they’re ready

unfortunately all 3 of those are what we should be doing, especially seeing as we need a better squad as much as we need first 11 improvements

fans will want proven PL quality and I just don’t think it will happen, rare that players move mid table to mid table and it will come with a huge price tag

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Villastine said:

There was uproar here when Lingard was suggested as a possible signing. West Ham fans were opposed to him also. 

Just shows that fans don't always know best! 

Yup, and then he ripped us a new one...I was worried there were far too many ridiculing him on here before we played them.

10 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Think we’ll try and sign 4/5 good additions again this summer.  These positions would be:

RCB - Engels will go I reckon. I would look to the Championship here and Nathan Collins. Good age to sit behind Konsa and play several cup games or step up if/when Konsa gets injured.  Otherwise, if we went for experience, then John Egan would be a useful pick up, however not sure he’d be happy being on the bench or not being first choice.

LB - Taylor will go this summer.  Henry is the obvious choice here but would be expensive. Lee Buchanan at Derby could be one to look at.  Otherwise Aaron Hickey again or Greg Taylor? Targett certainly needs competition and shouldn’t be guaranteed every game.

Mid - Barkley to return and Hourihane possibly to Swansea. Nakamba has shown us how limited he is. Ramsey may benefit playing a full season on loan in the Championship perhaps?  An addition here in the number 10 role and possibly a defensive minded player? Don’t think we’ll pursue Barkley but could be wrong as we may have dedicated a lot of money on him already? Dele Alli on loan for next season anyone? Olise from Reading is an obvious one but Josh Dasilva is someone that could be considered as an alternative from the Championship. Sander Berge has been mentioned already and not to everyone’s liking but Guendouzi could be an option also.

Wide Forward/Winger - Trez or El G or both may go.  Brooks, Mbeumo, Sarr, Buendia, Cantwell are obvious thoughts and improvements from the Championship.  Lookman has looked good this season, as has Peraira in patches.  Marcus Edwards is easily forgotten in Portugal and comes to mind here. Have mentioned either of the Sessegnon brothers previously. Ryan has lost his way a little but is still young and a very good player.  Steven isn’t pulling up any trees but both boys are very talented and seem like Smith signings.  The jewel for this position though would be Pablo Neto.  Probably a £40m-50m plus player already but would push us to the next level and would show our ambitions as a serious top ten club. If he went to someone like United, then perhaps Daniel James is an option?

Centre Forward/Striker - Woefully lacking in this area after Watkins. Imagine if Watkins missed ten plus games for us? I do worry about Wes but not for here. Davis I don’t mind but we can’t have him as our only main option from the bench next season.  Josh Maja is an option. Armstrong or Toney others? Daryl Dike looks to be a very good young player. Joao Pedro at Watford has impressed this season also.  Simply put, we need an addition or two in this area.

I do struggle with suggesting any European based players purely because my knowledge in this area is so poor. I see and hear names but know generally nothing about them, perhaps someone could do a similar European list?  However, I do think that Smith likes a home grown/based player anyway and think he’ll again concentrate his recruitment from here. Looking forward to an exciting summer.

A lot of the players you mention are crap for the money they will cost in comparison to the foreign lads I know of never mind the scouting department at the club.

8 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Players to get us up the league are probably not going to come from the Championship

Some could have but most of them are at Norwich and Watford so will cost too much. Olise aside I don’t want anyone from the championship now.

7 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

How many players are Spuds, Chelsk etc going to sign from the Championship.

You missed the point. T get better, keep Jack, we need proven quality, not potential

Sarr, Buendia and Arrons are proven quality.

2 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

every time I think of possibly signing RLC I go look at what Fulham supporters think of him. and this is what I get.

Honestly if he wasn’t injured so much I would think about banging the drum for him. Fans can be weird, probably not taking into account the team he is playing in or the effect of those injuries resulting in stop start all the time never allowing him to find form or trust his body.

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

We don’t have a patient enough fan base to pick up a couple of well scouted players from the championship and give them a year or 2 as back ups developing in to decent players

What's the name of that back 4 liability, the really poor defender, the guy we got from the championship...

You know the one, the one who was on the bench while Engels started games with Mings?

His name escapes me... Konso? Kensa?

Utter championship crap ;)

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

What's the name of that back 4 liability, the really poor defender, the guy we got from the championship...

You know the one, the one who was on the bench while Engels started games with Mings?

Was people on here this time last year saying he would never make it and to replace him in summer 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

you've read my comment wrong, i said those 3 are what we should be doing but the fanbase is now growing increasing unrealistic in their expectations

i've got no issue with konsa, or cash who is a better example because he hit his 1st season running, i've also got no expectation along the lines of "we have to get europe next season" - but unfortunately a growing portion of our fanbase has - konsa needed time to establish himself in the team and then more time to establish himself as a quality player - i think players bought this summer wont be given that time, look at sanson, didnt start the first couple of games, fans went nuts, started a couple of games, already being written off

we still need 5 or 6 players, not all of them can be proven PL players, we will have to look everywhere

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was people on here this time last year saying he would never make it and to replace him in summer 😂😂😂

thats what i was getting at

we sign a championship midfielder this summer rather than a £40m captain of southampton and the bullets are there for the moaners

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

A lot of the players you mention are crap for the money they will cost in comparison to the foreign lads I know of never mind the scouting department at the club.

and the foreign lads you know are? 

1 minute ago, Danishlad said:

Dele Alli would fit in . There is a very good player in there.

pretty sure same was said about Ross Barkley, at least Barkley hasnt been seen partying with gangsters sons recently

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danishlad said:

Dele Alli would fit in . There is a very good player in there.

Lazy ass kid though, not sure to be honest.  Attitude is a big thing for me and many of his managers have said his attitude is what is letting him down.  Mourinho being the most vocal.  At 25 yrs old is that really going to change, is another manager really going to unlock that when other top managers have failed.  I suppose it comes down to price and risk, my gut says no thank you.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

we also don’t have the patience to find some well scouted gems on the continent who are good value for money

or have the patience to let our youngsters develop and naturally break through when they’re ready

unfortunately all 3 of those are what we should be doing, especially seeing as we need a better squad as much as we need first 11 improvements

fans will want proven PL quality and I just don’t think it will happen, rare that players move mid table to mid table and it will come with a huge price tag

Is this ironic?