Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He is indeed.

We do have a better chance of getting him if they are relegated, otherwise like @sne mentions, they will want silly money for him if they stay in the PL.

Saint-Maximin aside this would make my season!

9 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Still a quality player though, surely we won't be all about bargains again this window if we were considering the likes of Barkley why not Saint-Maximin or similar prices players? 

I don't think Barkley and S-M will end up similarly priced. And Chelsea want to get rid of Barkley, Newcastle want to keep S-M.

Think we will be shopping in the section between bargains and £40-£50m. Quite a big section that. don't think we will be in for £40m or close to that players.

1 minute ago, sne said:

I don't think Barkley and S-M will end up similarly priced. And Chelsea want to get rid of Barkley, Newcastle want to keep S-M.

Think we will be shopping in the section between bargains and £40-£50m. Quite a big section that. don't think we will be in for £40m or close to that players.

I think we are at the point we need a marquee signing in that £40-£50mil bracket just one backed up by those bargain buys, if we are to break into the top 10 we need to will have to start bringing in some real quality.

Simply have to get some better attackers in. 3rd best defence yet potentially 11th by close of play Sunday says it all for me.

We simply don't have enough goals in final third from what we presently have to be serious contenders for top 7 imo. Need a wide player on top of Jack that is capable of hitting double figures and back up striker that can also get 5-10 goals would be very welcome.

Need 40 + goals from our forward players next season.

As it stands it's Ollie with 11, Jack with 6, AEG with 6, Trez with 2 and Traore with 5. 30 so we're still a good 10 goals short. Dosen't help the CMs don't score much anymore as McGinn really should be capable of at least 5 a season.

3 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Does anyone think we might have a chance at getting Wilf Zaha this summer?

I doubt he will want to play for us, he had the racism issue last summer and him and Mings dont seem to like each other from previous appearances

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grobs said:

Need : 2xCM, CB and 2xwingers in summer any less we will be rancid again next season 

We have 18 more points than we had at this time last season. And we already have 7 more points than we ended last season on.

We certainly have areas where we need to improve but to say we've been rancid this season might be a bit ott.

• Like 4

Let's reign things in a little. A realistic target this season was mid table and never worry about relegation, our business has helped us achieve this  

We now need players to push us to the next level. I think we'll do it. 

Desperate need of a top cm player and a top winger. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Has Rashica done anything at all to suggest he would be a good signing?

Let's move on to other targets.

So far at least he's not the same player he was before the injury. Would not have him as a target for next season.

But I'm all for re-opening the thread thou.

We need an all-round midfielder to help us retain possession. 

Nakamba, Luiz retained the ball well against Plop today but McGinn gives it away six times every game.

We invite pressure and eventually crack because of this, it's one of our major flaws.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

We need an all-round midfielder to help us retain possession. 

Nakamba, Luiz retained the ball well against Plop today but McGinn gives it away six times every game.

We invite pressure and eventually crack because of this, it's one of our major flaws.

Sanson once he settles?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Has Rashica done anything at all to suggest he would be a good signing?

Let's move on to other targets.

He finally scored today though was a penalty and they got hammered

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think I'm starting to lean towards @TROand hope we get a really strong physical player in midfield. 

Thanks DC

I sometimes have a suspicion about things or a tendency......This I have never been so sure about something in my life.

The Midfield issue is stone blind obvious to me.

We don't even win headers like Jedinak used to do....now I am not saying he was the answer, because he was not good enough on the floor....but Look at West Ham, with Rice and Soucek, just one example...its created a balanced team.

We are too lightweight in Midfield.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4