Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i remember the good old days (1995) when i was super excited that we signed an exotic Serbian for 3.5m ish (Milosevic), no internet, no mobile phones, no twitter......just newspaper articles about us signing the Serbian enigma with some  caricature pictures of him sprinkled in to the article.......those were the days!

I remember reading the article over and over and got so excited that we had signed some superstar foreign exotic enigma player!, i miss those days lol!

I remember reading one night on Ceefax  in 1989 that we had signed a certain Paul McGrath for a couple of hundred grand, telling my Dad excitedly who replied no good would come of signing Man U crocked cast offs 

• Like 2

I remember meeting Savo back in around 96/97* time when I was living in Northants.

He was the 'celebrity' who was doing a grand opening of a used car garage (Also owned by Serbians) one Sunday morning.

I remember meeting him and him looking like he was about 7ft, he was very tall. I got him to sign my Villa sky blue away shirt.

I remember the season or so after when he spat at the crowd and I got the shirt and binned it, (unknown to me at the time my father took it out the trash and put it in a box in the attic).

However, I would go on to sell the shirt on Ebay many years later when I found it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

I remember reading one night on Ceefax  in 1989 that we had signed a certain Paul McGrath for a couple of hundred grand, telling my Dad excitedly who replied no good would come of signing Man U crocked cast offs 

oh my!, ceefax yeah!, i remember reading the "instant" news on ceefax.....haha i forgot about that!

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whats Rashica saying these days anyway? Is he still the  Kosovan Grealish?

My highlight of lockdown, one of the greatest threads of last yeat

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I remember the season or so after when he spat at the crowd and I got the shirt and binned it, (unknown to me at the time my father took it out the trash and put it in a box in the attic).

However, I would go on to sell the shirt on Ebay many years later when I found it.

Blackburn away, the 5-0 drubbing - i was there.

The ironic thing was he even missed us with his spit !

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Blackburn away, the 5-0 drubbing - i was there.

The ironic thing was he even missed us with his spit !

Suprised he played again after that. Pretty disgusting behaviour.  Imagine he did that now. Twitter would have exploded. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

My highlight of lockdown, one of the greatest threads of last yeat

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It became surreal.

It certainly was great stupid fun for a few weeks, too bad a few were outraged at the few who signed up for the mayhem and had it banished asap 

Was it @CarryOnVilla this guy who found some incredible pics/gift, such fun.

12 minutes ago, sne said:

So I guess there is a severe lack of transfer rumors since we are talking about Paul McGrath and 25 y.o jerseys :D 

Yes. History week on VillaTalk.

We went back in time in the Dean Smith thread and relived the Martin O'Neill years only the other day there.   B) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

It certainly was great stupid fun for a few weeks, too bad a few were outraged at the few who signed up for the mayhem and had it banished asap 

Was it @CarryOnVilla this guy who found some incredible pics/gift, such fun.

I was new to the forum at the time And after being quadruple teamed and more on the racism thread I was on the verge of deleting my account. It was the Recica thread where I finally felt a little more at home and I decided to stay which I’m glad about now

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 3

On 06/04/2021 at 18:06, Delphinho123 said:

Neto
Trossard
Lookman
Olise
Bissouma

That'll do. 

Not a chance we will buy 3 wingers, 1 tops, most likely a left winger if the plan is to move Jack centrally.

Edited by zab6359

Just now, zab6359 said:

I wonder if Saint-Maximin is being considered as an option.

Doubt it. Maybe if they are relegated. Doubt we will be buying players from other PL clubs that they do not want to sell. It's just too expensive.

Saint-Maximin will likely be priced at £50m or more. That get's you a whole lot in other markets. And he's injured a lot as well.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Doubt it. Maybe if they are relegated. Doubt we will be buying players from other PL clubs that they do not want to sell. It's just too expensive.

Saint-Maximin will likely be priced at £50m or more. That get's you a whole lot in other markets. And he's injured a lot as well.

Still a quality player though, surely we won't be all about bargains again this window if we were considering the likes of Barkley why not Saint-Maximin or similar prices players? 

Just now, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Does anyone think we might have a chance at getting Wilf Zaha this summer?

Zaha would be a dream signing just don't think we are an attractive enough option for him yet.