Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

36 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

We need an all-round midfielder to help us retain possession. 

Nakamba, Luiz retained the ball well against Plop today but McGinn gives it away six times every game.

We invite pressure and eventually crack because of this, it's one of our major flaws.

I think there is issues with all 3....not saying get rid.....but we need upgrades of a nature.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Just seeing the highlights again and noticed Oxlade-Chamberlain in the background behind Klopp.

Can see him being a loan target in the summer as he's barely played for Liverpool in months so they'll want to get him out somewhere for a season to play.

Pros and cons, Barkley not been great but this time last year I thought someone like Theo Walcott was finished and he's actually been a good pick up for Southampton.

4 hours ago, AVTuco said:

After the City game, I predict you think we need 10 new players. 😉

I predict McGinn will give it away SEVEN times in the City game. 

Edited by vreitti
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Zaha would be a dream signing just don't think we are an attractive enough option for him yet.

No, I think he would come if promised the world and paid enough but the mo way to buy him and the wages required would be prohibitive for someone of his age.

I guess it depends if you treat it as a one off as he would obviously continue to be a start here for the next 4 years or so as a guarantee. At the same time it will probably cost something like 70 million all in for that to happen with little to no resale value.

15 hours ago, zab6359 said:

I think we are at the point we need a marquee signing in that £40-£50mil bracket just one backed up by those bargain buys, if we are to break into the top 10 we need to will have to start bringing in some real quality.

Agree, but of course it doesn’t matter if the player is 20 million and plays like a 50 million player. I take the point and I kind of agree, I do think I can come up with a host of names of players in the 20 million area that can play like a 50 million pound player.

11 hours ago, TRO said:

Thanks DC

I sometimes have a suspicion about things or a tendency......This I have never been so sure about something in my life.

The Midfield issue is stone blind obvious to me.

We don't even win headers like Jedinak used to do....now I am not saying he was the answer, because he was not good enough on the floor....but Look at West Ham, with Rice and Soucek, just one example...its created a balanced team.

We are too lightweight in Midfield.

I agree I actually think we should sell McGinn if a good offer comes in say 40 million

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Just seeing the highlights again and noticed Oxlade-Chamberlain in the background behind Klopp.

Can see him being a loan target in the summer as he's barely played for Liverpool in months so they'll want to get him out somewhere for a season to play.

Pros and cons, Barkley not been great but this time last year I thought someone like Theo Walcott was finished and he's actually been a good pick up for Southampton.

He must have been injured? They were putting midfielders into defence earlier this year, we would have seen him on the pitch.

10 hours ago, villanwesty88 said:

What about Dike on loan at Barnsley from Orlando? He's scored a fair few, only aged 20 and has got them into the play off positions incredibly! 

Doesn't look anywhere near good enough, for me. 

11 hours ago, villarule123 said:

I wonder if we can tempt Zaha to join us in the summer.

I just hate Zaha's attitude. He's always the victim. Even yesterday he stuck his finger in Mason Mount's face, so Mount pushed him away only for Zaha to kick off at him about it.

Got to be better options out there for the sort of money Palace, and Zaha, would want.

• Like 3

I can't stand Zaha. I don't want him anywhere near Villa. As talented as he is, he's a horrible devious, whinging sack of shit.

We have half a top team potentially. We need the other half now. I'm also thinking McGinn is a squad filler and no more.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s likely Fulham will be relegated in the next couple of weeks. I’d be on the phone to whoever makes Lookmans decisions for him, tapping him up.

that would be RB Leipzig then, the club he's on loan to fulham from

13 hours ago, villarule123 said:

I wonder if we can tempt Zaha to join us in the summer.

I wondered this. In the plus column, he seems gettable, he would definitely improve the starting 11.

In the negative column. He often seems involved in arguments during games, against us this season we had the issue with Mings. I'm not sure if he'd be the best team fit?

Also it probably isnt where we see the team going. The recent accounts suggested we'd be looking at younger players on the way up. Not sure that's Zaha

16 hours ago, TRO said:

Thanks DC

I sometimes have a suspicion about things or a tendency......This I have never been so sure about something in my life.

The Midfield issue is stone blind obvious to me.

We don't even win headers like Jedinak used to do....now I am not saying he was the answer, because he was not good enough on the floor....but Look at West Ham, with Rice and Soucek, just one example...its created a balanced team.

We are too lightweight in Midfield.

totally agree. The midfield and wide mean are so unbelievably weak. Get a big strong presence in DCM and we'd instantly be a beter team