Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

16 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

The opportunity couldn't have presented itself any more obviously, but no doubt we'll sit on our hands and do nothing. 

Wow. Literally dropped in our lap here. 

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

In addition to that, we haven’t addressed the CM problem which has been our main issue for years.

Barkley laziness was massive issue in midfield. Our record was pretty decent when he didn't play. We've signed the mid who had 6th most tackles per game in Championship last season which is crazy stats for an attacking mid. 

Grealish beyond his stats/numbers offered a lot on the pitch we will miss. The amount of times he won us free kicks when we were under the kosh and helped us push up the pitch etc.. we will certainly miss those traits. That is tough to replace imo. I think Bailey, Ings and Buendia will produce the numbers though. 

From next summer onwards we don't need to buy more than one or two players per window. These young uns with a season of experience will hopefully be able to get us up the league.

That's barring any major outgoings of course.

I probably would have liked a better option than Steer to come in but he's passable for a game or two.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Grealish beyond his stats/numbers offered a lot on the pitch we will miss. The amount of times he won us free kicks when we were under the kosh and helped us push up the pitch etc.. we will certainly miss those traits. That is tough to replace imo. I think Bailey, Ings and Buendia will produce the numbers though. 

I agree but he's a special rare elite player. You only replace those type of players with £100m+ players or do as we did and strengthen the whole front line.

The other option is of course take a punt on your youth or another hidden gem and give them the time to develop into the special rare elite player.

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Some expected us to start playing Football Manager with a team of 40 scouts scouring the earth for the handful of regens ready to take the Premier League by storm for 3-5 million pounds each.  

Exaggeration!

We haven’t brought anybody that you would say needed the skill set of MacKenzie have we? Nobody expected what you are saying but also nobody expected every signing to be well known desirable players we already knew well.

I mean fans come up with all these names I’ve never heard of, clips of players from everywhere…the kind of thing MacKenzie does professionally and successfully.  We haven’t brought anybody like that have we?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

A tweet that perfectly encaptures why this thread is so annoying. There has been absolutely zero information from the club to suggest that is true, but people just assume it is, just like how many in here have been writing up fantasy transfer lists with no basis in reality then just assumed that's who the club are targeting.

And then for some reason people are throwing their toys out the pram because their wild assumptions with no basis turned out to be wrong!

"Done zero since arriving"? Like he would **** know!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

I agree but he's a special rare elite player. You only replace those type of players with £100m+ players or do as we did and strengthen the whole front line.

The other option is of course take a punt on your youth or another hidden gem and give them the time to develop into the special rare elite player.

Yeah no doubt, as I said I think they will produce the numbers… but I think people underestimate what else Grealish offered especially when under the kosh. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Haven't we hoovered up numerous young talented kids for our academy. Could he not be part of that? 

no he should have brought in the next Kante, Ronaldo, Mahrez, Donnarumma and Ramos and if selfish a surprise

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

From next summer onwards we don't need to buy more than one or two players per window. These young uns with a season of experience will hopefully be able to get us up the league.

That's barring any major outgoings of course.

I probably would have liked a better option than Steer to come in but he's passable for a game or two.

It’s going to be like Avengers assemble at Bodymoor next pre-season. We’ve got what, eleven young players out on loan now? Could be the reason we’ve decided not to add more this window if the staff have enough faith in them developing over the next year. 

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

"Done zero" - Guy who's clearly privy to the inner workings of the job Mackenzie is doing.

Completely agree about the stupid “done zero” point he made.  I am surprised we haven’t made any MacKenzie type signing though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

A tweet that perfectly encaptures why this thread is so annoying. There has been absolutely zero information from the club to suggest that is true, but people just assume it is, just like how many in here have been writing up fantasy transfer lists with no basis in reality then just assumed that's who the club are targeting.

And then for some reason people are throwing their toys out the pram because their wild assumptions with no basis turned out to be wrong!

"Done zero since arriving"? Like he would **** know!

It really is a perfect microcosm of this thread and On Topic in general.