Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I think if we had started the season with everyone fit we would all feel a bit more satisfied. I think once we actually field the concensus first choice starting 11 (and I include Sanson fit too), and hopefully see some exciting play, we will all feel a lot happier.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Business to replace grealish has been superb (EmiB, Bailey,Ings as that's what we were told was his replacement) , after that we have brought in young and Axel, that's not enough for me , I understand we might go again in January but at that point prices generally are inflated . Think we have all said a 6 was most important and possibly a backup GK , probably 20 million would have gone a long way to secure that, just feel a bit flat considering the great start to the window we had

We brought in Young first.

You do wonder how many of the players  (Buendia, Bailey, Ings) brought in we would have got had Grealish stayed. One, none, all of them?

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

No. Nothing will happen today, another deadline day with zero drama, but I guarantee most will be watching sky until it slams shut.

Considering Deano was excited about the transfer targets we had lined up, I bet quite a few off that list of targets have not happened/came off.

Wether that's because we lost Grealish may or may not be a factor but I think we could have got one or two more in the door than what we did.

It's not been a bad transfer window though.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Just gave Henderson a new 4 year contract and the transfer guru walked away as the club gave him no money. Be very surprised

That’ll teach me not to make glib assertions without checking the facts first. 

1 minute ago, Villaphil said:

Random Twitter BS says 40m Euro bid from Roma accepted for Douglas Luiz, as we’ve had £45m offer for Bissouma accepted.

BS, but the kind of BS only deadline day delivers.

That would be some upgrade. Unfortunately that's the stuff of teenage dreams and is not about to happen today, or any other 😅

1 minute ago, Villaphil said:

Random Twitter BS says 40m Euro bid from Roma accepted for Douglas Luiz, as we’ve had £45m offer for Bissouma accepted.

I could see Brighton accepting £45m for Bissouma. I could also see us selling Luiz, but only if he's not going to sign a new contract as he hasn't got long left on his current deal.

I just don't think we'll see anymore in's or out's once Guilbert leaves, if he even is going.

6 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

i'd swap luiz for bissouma any day of the week

edit: not that i in any way believe the rumour...

Edited by tomav84

53 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

That is the one reason there could be a twinkle of signing him today. Next summer Bissouma will have 12 months left and could leave Brighton on the cheap. They could command 60m for him today

He will sign for Liverpool next summer and probably knows this already. Bit like Webcam Ash when he went to Man Utd. 

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

That would be some upgrade. Unfortunately that's the stuff of teenage dreams and is not about to happen today, or any other 😅

Luiz rumours all over the Italian transfer gossip sites, no serious juorno's on it though. There seems to be some truth in that Pinto is trying to get Mourinho a 6 today, Witsel, Luiz, Tolisso and Loftus-Cheek all being mentioned.

We wouldn't part with Luiz if we hadn't got a replacement.

16 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Considering Deano was excited about the transfer targets we had lined up, I bet quite a few off that list of targets have not happened/came off.

Wether that's because we lost Grealish may or may not be a factor but I think we could have got one or two more in the door than what we did.

It's not been a bad transfer window though.

This

We know at least 2 big transfers that didn't come off in JWP and ESR 

Can imagine that the club has done a lot of work behind the scenes too that we haven't seen

Also signed 2 starters for the u23s

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'd swap luiz for bissouma any day of the week

edit: not that i in any way believe the rumour...

If Roma actually does want him that bad(Really do doubt it) let's offer a swap>Luiz for Cristante

• Haha 1