Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Some of this pessimism isn’t healthy nor based on reality and is based rather on the modern malaise of instant gratification … Yes I would’ve liked more but understand why we haven’t. We signed Tim Iroegbunam for example to hopefully develop into our DM for years to come and not just for shits & giggles. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Everyone we have signed is attack minded, I think we know why Smith is happy,. A tough defensive midfielder is a neglected position, if Smith thinks he can do without one, fair play, an good luck to him, he'll need it.

Just seems a bit of a waste, when there's plenty of players about, who would fit that roll. Would have been nice not to burn McGinn out this season,. 2 midfield injuries and we are bare bones, with youth and Nakamba.

Well technically 2/5 signings were defenders and we sold our best attacking players and signed 3 to replace him.  All of our signings have started one of the first 3 games with exception of Bailey who came on as a sub.

We've improved our squad and improved our first team (if they stay fit) I'd say (given Grealish injury last season)

2 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

We did our business early, rather than panic buying or leaving it until the season is already underway. 

Although that may be the sensible thing to do it is no fun for the fans wanting to see Sky outside Bodymoor with cars with blackened out windows going in and waiting to hear if the fax was received by 11:00 or if it was too late. We want the yellow ticker to be saying lots about Aston Villa. 

8 minutes ago, RadioTom said:

Good Lord.

If we had waited and signed Buendia, Bailey and Ings today, VillaTalk would be in meltdown proclaiming this as the best deadline day in the history of all the universe. 

Take a breath, we are going to be okay.

We peaked too early...

Look, I wanted a DM etc as well.

However, it's nowhere near as gloomy as some are making out, once our key men are fit.

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Why haven’t we improved ? Why are we supposedly worse off ? Why will we be lucky to finish higher than last year ? We are developing as a club and squad and have amazing selection of youth potential within our ranks. They will have a roadmap for each one, that’s not to say all or any with make it, but you don’t develop and invest heavily in the youth system only to buy expensive players to block the route off ( unless you are Chelsea ) we may or may not have a better season … we just need a bit of patience and perspective. For me the glaring area we are short in is CB IMHO. We have enough central midfield combinations to get us by. 

The answer to all those questions is ‘midfield’.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So you mean to tell me that when Smith was asked whether there would be any more incomings and he said "No", what he actually meant was... no?

shocked-5.gif&f=1&nofb=1

No.

I mean Yes.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Haha 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Are we in agreement we needed another midfielder, or are you telling me, it would not make much difference who came in, cause we have Chuka and Nakamba as cover and to progress us to the next level.

We haven't seen Sanson play fully fit yet.