Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Neither are they, but they ain't started off too bad this season either, without Lingard

I hear Benrhama is flying so far! Maybe he’s settled now and trying to take the Lingard mantle although in a slightly different position.

11 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Renato Sanches on loan to Wolves apparently. Some big signings floating around.

Looked awful at Swansea City. Hopefully he's gotten better since then or that's a nothing signing. 

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

He would have been great for us. Oh well. 

Based on what? I’m not saying he’s a bad player but he hasn’t played more than 24 league games wherever he’s been. Would argue the clubs he’s been at with the exception of Bayern he should be playing more games. Not sure if he is injury prone but those aren’t great numbers for a player who seems to be so highly rated. 

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

or at least more experienced and battle hardened for PL than ours.  Ours isn’t yet!

I agree. But surely the only way to get them more experienced and battle hardened is to give them more game time and not replace them with other players. Purslow has said that our strategy (I am paraphrasing) is not to buy the finished article, it is to buy potential and improve them. If we ditch Nakamba and Luiz now, or others, we are not giving our players the time. to improve or our coaches the time to do their jobs. This season our players will have another year's experience and the strategy is that they will be better than last season

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

Seems like everyone else is doing their business pretty late whilst we did it early. This is when you get some panic buying. 

And no doubt when we were buying Emi and Bailey and Ings their fans were moaning and comparing their club's transfers with ours

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Been busy, anything come put about Lange meeting Bissouma yet?

Not yet. number 1 target as DM was Drinkwater but we lost out to Reading on that one. We will now start looking at our plan B transfers 

• Haha 3

Renato Sanches is much better than when he was at Swansea. It's a great signing for them. But he's also injured for 8-12 weeks. That's a long time to then have to get him match fit and it's only a loan. 

If he gets fit quickly, it's an inspired signing and it's great for Wolves. 

Not sure the same deal would've gone down brilliantly here though (not that anything does)

19 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Has anyone actually watched West Ham this season?  They're very good now...  They're a legitimate contender for Europe now.

Yeah I've watched them.

They look very good.

You almost don't want to say it on here, due to fear of getting slammed 🤣

Strong squad as well.

• Like 3