Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Jeez I’m normally really positive but you are smoking some crazy shit and I want some to have that level of positivity.  I’m thinking 9th, 10th or 11th is our level.

I’m disappointed you’re not on this trip with me brother. 

• Like 1

If there’s any truth to the Bissouma rumours that would be a brilliant signing, id feel for Brighton though losing white and Bissouma but they recruit well so will probably already have replacements out on loan ready to recall back. 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Jeez I’m normally really positive but you are smoking some crazy shit and I want some to have that level of positivity.  I’m thinking 9th, 10th or 11th is our level.

Glad you and others have all but written our chances off after 3 games without our best XI in a single game. Manure are lucky to be on 7pts after some scrappy results against teams they'd expect to beat comfortably. Spurs 3 wins thanks to goal keeping howler last game

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Whilst I'm of a mind that Villa have missed a trick by not signing a better option than Marvellous Nakamba at defensive midfield, I think we also need to take into account that the plan appears to be to play both Ings and Watkins together through the middle. In which case, there is only room for two central midfielders at any given time.

At full strength, the immediate options for those 2 places are McGinn, Luiz, Sanson and Ramsey. You add in a 5th and it starts to get messy, so unless another of those players is to make their way out then the positions are taken. In which case, it better be a **** good player to make you want to give up on one of them. And, it seems, that player never materialised. 

We, as in the supporters, seem to want a player for a position that doesn't really exist as part of the managers preferred system?

Good post.

20 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Thank you, I have a much better idea of what you mean now. I can see your point, if we look forward to expected absences throughout the season there will be times we are a bit light. I guess the issue is to try to balance the risk of being a bit light at some points with the problems of the costs and frustrations created by having a larger squad than we can give sufficient game time to.

Personally, I have faith that Steer will be enough for a few games of cover. He has been good enough when called upon before and unlucky not to have played more games for us. Next summer I can see the question of goalkeeper being raised again though and that is another matter. I'd also love a defensive minded midfielder either to compete with or replace Nakamba. I don't dislike Nakamba, I'd just like a player in his position who is one of the first names on the team sheet, that everyone has faith in.

I tried to question your first post in a polite way, without the harshness that several posters here have done to posts they don't understand or agree with. Your answer was really clear thank you and made it much easier to understand your thoughts.

Likewise mate. I don't disagree with anything you've said either, and you're right in saying that there's a balance to be had, just that for me those couple of players are the difference between me being brimming with confidence for the season and being a tad uneasy that we might find ourselves short on more occasions. In the hypothetical world where Dean has a full squad to pick from every week then I'm extremely pleased with where the squad is at, even though needless to say any player could feasibly be improved upon.

Steer I'm 50/50 on, loved him in the promotion season but he's scared me a couple of times on the rare appearances he's made since.

Later this, or next season we will hopefully have Tim Iroegbunam progressing into the first team squad as DM. Given how highly rated he is then sticking with Nakamba & Douglas Luiz for this season makes sense. I’d take McKennie or Bissouma obviously but can’t see it happening. 

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Later this, or next season we will hopefully have Tim Iroegbunam progressing into the first team squad as DM. Given how highly rated he is then sticking with Nakamba & Douglas Luiz for this season makes sense. I’d take McKennie or Bissouma obviously but can’t see it happening. 

Iroegbunam looks like a player to me

Loftus Cheek wouldn't be a bad move, not sure on his wages though. Looking through the media, convinced we will make another signing, lots of players available and lots of teams need the money. be a very busy day tomorrow, lets hope we can bring someone in.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Loftus Cheek wouldn't be a bad move, not sure on his wages though. Looking through the media, convinced we will make another signing, lots of players available and lots of teams need the money. be a very busy day tomorrow, lets hope we can bring someone in.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886tk7a6crg2zuoapt25p

• Like 1
  • Haha 3