Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

I can't wait for the window to shut so I can stop checking this thread daily for transfer updates, but instead find myself reading page after page of the doom mongers spewing the same garbage for the last 8+ seasons.  Some of you moaners must be great at parties...  Unbelievable. This culture of instant gratification/entitlement makes me hate being a fan of sports.  Nothing is good enough for some people...

This is the strongest Villa team we've had during my 15 years of following the Premier League, and yes that includes our 07-08 squad.  We have the best youth team setup in the country with several superb talents on the verge of breaking through, and just brought in 4 quality players this summer.  Yeah, we sold Jack...  Boo hoo...  We got the 6th highest transfer fee of all time for him, when we nearly sold him for Josh Onomah and a bag of crisps 3 summers ago.  We finally have some smart men who have business sense in control of the club, along with a fantastic manager who worked his way up to the Premier League from League 1 and hasn't let us down yet.  If they've decided to not spend more money or not to buy this magical brick shithouse defensive midfielder who will magically allow us to qualify for the Champions League, I trust them.  UTV!!!

spacer.png

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Damn. I really like this guy but if his attitude is as crap as people claim, then he will fit in well with Zaha.

Genuinely never seen him have a good game, in a league where most teams would struggle in league one.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Another midtable finish wouldn't be a bad thing this season but there has to be a plan.

We can't sit in midtable for the next few years without progressing otherwise our best players will leave for European football and we'll be back to square one. 

It's certainly potentially an exciting time for the club but there have been many false dawns for the club over the decades. I don't want this to be another one.

Full agreement there. 

• Like 1

I'm surprised that we haven't signed a midfielder, if we are ging to play two holind midfielders we only have Luiz who is good enough in that role. mcGinns brings a lot to the team but I get nervous when he receives the ball in our own half, his feet aren't quick enough. Nakamba is a good destroyer but not a good enough passer for a top halv team, Ramsey is still young, he seems to have the feet for it but unsure if he is good enough defensively. Sanson I think is sutied to a more attacking mf or box to box role. Hourihane has left and Chuck is an attacking mf. Our pursue of JWP shows we have clearly identidfied that position as one we need to strenghten. Many teams need cash is in the post/late pandemic market, and apparently we had enough to bid for JWP. One day left to pull a rabbit out of the hat and bring in the mf we need!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Hammers were close to relegation the previous season. I suspect they were punching above their weight a little last season and may not be as impressive this season

and the season before that were 10th and 13th before that.  They shouldn’t have let go of Moyes like they did and while Pellegrini got them 10th he wasn’t the right fit for them and obviously got replaced by Moyes again.  West Ham have a strong squad and a good manager who fits them.  Maybe they were punching above their weight last season but their squad imo is stronger than our ours, or at least more experienced and battle hardened for PL than ours.  Ours isn’t yet!  They have more balanced attributes than us of which I had hoped we would add similar attributes to our squad this summer but didn’t.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But it is and proved it last season with 65 points haul.  Our squad is not a 65 point squad.  They are more balanced, stronger and more experienced.

They got there because of Lingard loan who's gone back to Manure and top scorer Antonio with 10 goals is made of glass

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

They got there because of Lingard loan who's gone back to Manure and top scorer Antonio with 10 goals is made of glass

Ok, but we aren’t a 65 point squad are we?

16 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Very low fee imo, would have liked him here but we don’t need him now I don’t think

His form dropped off a cliff last season. Seemed to give up. 

Talented but we have much better here. 

• Like 1

Faustino Anjorin is joining Lokomotiv Moscow loan to buy €10million from Chelsea. Surprised we weren’t linked given he is a similar player to ESR & Jones. Ralf Rangnick is behind the move and going on his track record @ Leipzig 

15 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The one thing that all of us can probably agree on is that standing still is actually regressing in the premier league

. Every season since coming to the premier we have bought a new , better striker. 

Every season since we came up we have bought a better defender .

Every season we have bought a better winger than what we had ( bar Jack ) 

but with midfield We got Conor 4.5  seasons ago McGinn 3 seasons ago and Nakamba / Luiz 2 seasons ago with Sanson this past January.. And we have brought through Ramsey and now this season Chukwuemeka.

And yet you go on to highlight how we are not standing still 😀

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Renato Sanches on loan to Wolves apparently. Some big signings floating around.

*check agent*

Yep, makes sense. 

Great signing for them if that happens 

Neves out though? Or anyone linked with Neves (man utd) should be looking at Sanches instead? 

They’ve been linked with Sven botman as well from Lille… gunna be a frenetic last day for a lot of clubs - will we be one of them ? 

Is there anyone that Villa have been linked with, rather than other teams rumours or news? This seems to be a thread that combines other teams transfers and our own. Going to be chaos over the next day or so as the windows slams shut. 

Edited by Tayls