Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

With all due respect you’re hardly ever the optimist mate. Let’s just wait until next week. 

I don't know much about him tbh. Just with DS saying he is happy "comfortable" with what he has. My thinking was he has ruled out anything other that "to good to miss" opportunities.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I thought Witsel was meant to have a bit of a bad attitude (although, admittedly, I’m going off information from about 8 years ago when we were last linked to him). If he does have a bad attitude then we should avoid, and I think Smith would too.

If not then he could be a decent stop-gap. 

Although, saying that, why would we sign a stop-gap ageing player when we clearly have the money to buy a player of similar ability in his prime?

Just because we have the money doesn't mean those players will still come here. We're clearly only going to spend big money on elite level players and if we can't get them we'll just stick with what we have. Hopefully it will mean not doing what Spurs did with the Bale money.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, El-Reacho said:

Just because we have the money doesn't mean those players will still come here. We're clearly only going to spend big money on elite level players and if we can't get them we'll just stick with what we have. Hopefully it will mean not doing what Spurs did with the Bale money.

Yeah, I agree with that, I just think there are players out there of similar quality who we *could* tempt to come to us. It would just take a big bid. The allure of Premier League football and Prem wages. (Don’t ask me who, I just think they’re definitely out there! We shopped in the £10-15m market before and got Nakamba and Luiz, and I’m certain there are gettable DMs in the £25-35m market that would come to us).

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

With all due respect you’re hardly ever the optimist mate. Let’s just wait until next week. 

Smith at today's presser:-

"Were pretty much done in the transfer market and we've got a lot"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hippo said:

"We're pretty much done in the transfer market and we've got a lot"

'We are done' is definitive but "Pretty much done" leaves the door wide open. Deano's full of deception/tricks like that

I expect another 3 or 4 at least.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

'We are done' is definitive but "Pretty much done" leaves the door wide open. Deano's full of deception/tricks like that

I expect another 3 or 4 at least.

I think we’re not pushing hard for deals (might have our first choices not available at the moment). But we might be looking at some players who we expect their clubs to be rush with the end of the window and look if we can get a good deal.

Witsel for example might be a very clever deal, such as Tuanzebe and Young. Short term ones, he’d offer something we don’t have. We can moniter our youngsters development, and if needed we can get the right calibre of player next summer for example. 

Now we’re entering a new stage. To start upgrading our players we’ll need a huge amount of money. So it’s either developing our own ones, or buy some of the bright prospects. Or sometimes spend on some old temporary players. 

We will still be buying players, we’ll eventually buy 40m£-60m£ players. But we can’t get two or 3 each season. We can’t buy average players which we’ll do well to resell them at their price. 

33 minutes ago, hippo said:

"Were pretty much done in the transfer market and we've got a lot"

He has to say that in case they fail to land any remaining targets. If he said we’re looking for one more and then the deal doesn’t happen the fans would end up disappointed

Pessimistic post. 

After hearing the news of Ronaldo to United. I just feel down about our transfer window. Crazy I know! I feel like we've been doing good things but ran out of steam. The teams above us have possibly strengthened better than we have. How can we chase if they are pulling away? 

We got business done early but teams have added alot since our last transfer. I think we're just about standing still in the league. 

• Like 2

With Lukaku returning to Chelsea, Ronaldo returning to United, Gresford gone to City and Liverpool back to full strength, the Top 4 are basically further away than they ever have been before.

Meanwhile we're expected to be happy with the return of 36-year-old Ashley Young and 3 players we were told were bought to replace Gresford, none of whom actually fill the void he's left behind at all.

I really think it's going to be another long, patchy season for us, and we won't be any closer to reaching the owners' professed goals by the end of it with the squad that we have.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Lord Willard said:

Pessimistic post. 

After hearing the news of Ronaldo to United. I just feel down about our transfer window. Crazy I know! I feel like we've been doing good things but ran out of steam. The teams above us have possibly strengthened better than we have. How can we chase if they are pulling away? 

We got business done early but teams have added alot since our last transfer. I think we're just about standing still in the league. 

DifferentChubbyHydatidtapeworm-max-1mb.g

it's been two games 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hope Ronaldo does come premier league. Would like to see him live and give him some abuse one last time. 

I remember the last time he was at Villa Park. Went off crying because some Brummies gave him dogs abuse.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Pessimistic post. 

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

With Lukaku returning to Chelsea, Ronaldo returning to United, Gresford gone to City and Liverpool back to full strength, the Top 4 are basically further away than they ever have been before.

Meanwhile we're expected to be happy with the return of 36-year-old Ashley Young and 3 players we were told were bought to replace Gresford, none of whom actually fill the void he's left behind at all.

I really think it's going to be another long, patchy season for us, and we won't be any closer to reaching the owners' professed goals by the end of it with the squad that we have.

Image result for kerry katona gif

• Like 1

I still don’t believe we are finished. All the noise from the owners has been about challenging for European football. Our chances of that as things stand are very slim. Surely they are still working away at stuff!