Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Every time I've seen William Carvalho play he hasn't looked that impressive to me, almost looks like a central defender playing in midfield, I think he's someone who works well for the Portugal national team as with all their attackers they can afford to have someone in midfield that's that defensive, but for most teams you'd need someone in midfield that has a little more to their game, maybe that's why he's played for the clubs he has and is now being linked to Norwich.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Every time I've seen William Carvalho play he hasn't looked that impressive to me, almost looks like a central defender playing in midfield, I think he's someone who works well for the Portugal national team as with all their attackers they can afford to have someone in midfield that's that defensive, but for most teams you'd need someone in midfield that has a little more to their game, maybe that's why he's played for the clubs he has and is now being linked to Norwich.

I agree, plodder of a midfielder

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Really does sound like we are done this window. Looks like Dean is going to plug any gaps in the squad with the u23 players. 

Yeah, we're done for the window. Might sign someone in Jan though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I really don’t care if we sign any more players or not, at this stage you’d have to think any more incomings can only hinder the progress and opportunities for this fantastic group of young prospects we have coming through.

It's a gamble either way really. We're not going to attract in their prime, world class signings generally speaking, and so the signings may not deliver in the Premier League and will take time to settle.

The youth are generally well settled and look capable of making the step up given the odd occasion we've seen them. But they need more experience and in some cases to develop physically still.

I'm happy either way, but would like one more experienced, well respected head to come in.  Given the injuries we've got, the international breaks we'll have throughout this season, and the fact a number of our players haven't had much of a rest, it's a case of the more the merrier for me at the moment. 

39 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I really don’t care if we sign any more players or not, at this stage you’d have to think any more incomings can only hinder the progress and opportunities for this fantastic group of young prospects we have coming through.

Same.  Also one more player isn't going to make too much of a difference for our season overall.  Stabilize and solidify our position in mid table, while getting ready to attack the transfer market again next summer with the Grealish funds would be good enough for me.  

Edited by KMitch
  • Like 2

Probably because I am scarred by years of near misses and failures, but I have a nagging feeling that this could be an opportunity missed for Villa to add some extra quality to the team. We are cash rich at the moment and seemingly a lot of clubs, certainly in other leagues like Italy and France (less PSG  of course),  have some serious cashflow problems. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Same.  Also one more player isn't going to make too much of a difference for our season overall.  Stabilize and solidify our position in mid table, while getting ready to attack the transfer market again next summer with the Grealish funds would be good enough for me.  

Disagree, one quality DCM could be the difference between 7th and 9th.  That defence in front of the defence could really make the difference of 5 or more points over a season.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Ronaldo not going to shiteh after all, by all reasonable logic the only logical move now for him is to Villa, I've covered all bases, can't think of anywhere else he could go.

He's going to join back up with Ole at Man U instead.