Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

27 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

could we end up playing with 3 box to box midfielders in the starting eleven? guess it fits how we want to play so not sure we're in for a traditional CDM. just players who will run like mad and chase.

Others have said  Smith doesn't really do a  DM even when he was at Brentford and Walsall.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

This season will be the first where we go backwards under our current ownership. Which is a shame, but I suppose we can’t expect the world. 

Bold prediction. I will be holding you to that

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Random Witsel link too—I think it’s safe to say we are in the realms of total nonsense now, especially after Smith’s latest press conference.

I think we were linked to Witzel from Lerner days, lol, him and Defour.

Dreamland bollox at the time. lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This season will be the first where we go backwards under our current ownership. Which is a shame, but I suppose we can’t expect the world. 

As flat as I still feel about Villa, can't help but think we'll finish top 10.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Random Witsel link too—I think it’s safe to say we are in the realms of total nonsense now, especially after Smith’s latest press conference.

I'm sure it's a random and unfounded link, but the craziest thing about that Witsel rumour is the price! That can't be right surely?

Edit: Also despite the fact he's 32, not played in the prem etc etc, I've just realised we'd surely be the first team in history to have two Axel's in the squad, potentially competing for the same spot. Let's just make this happen for how confusing it'd be to everyone. 

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Isn't he 32 now? That might explain it.

Yeah he is. To be honest, depending on wages that would be an absolute bargain for someone, you could easily get 2 to 3 good seasons out of him.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

oh will it now? that's the spirit!

5 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

you feel flat about Villa when we're at our best in over a decade?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

5 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

you feel flat about Villa when we're at our best in over a decade?

4 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Missing the heady days of Bruce ball.

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

those were the days

I prefer to call it the golden era. 

Honestly, feeling flat after the decade we've just had lol, come on. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

those were the days

midfielders in defence and right backs everywhere. How ironic that people think the squad is unbalanced now (which I do agree with). Just remember people, it could always be worse. MUCH worse. Cabbage throwing worse.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

midfielders in defence and right backs everywhere. How ironic that people think the squad is unbalanced now (which I do agree with). Just remember people, it could always be worse. MUCH worse. Cabbage throwing worse.

CBs up top. ah the excitement of those days passed tis but a fleeting memory of poetic athleticism

• Haha 1