Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If a Premier League club wanted him he would have been 10-15m more. It's a bit of a glorified loan for him really. I expect him to be back in the prem after a couple of seasons.

Back at Chelsea in all likelihood. They love inserting buy back clauses nowadays and no doubt in two years time there'll be a new manager that will look at his recvord (if he's done well) and think 'easy transfer, get him back in.

3 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Surprised Connor is still here, thought he would of been sold by jow, probably the hold up in bringing in another. 

Maybe, Covid hit the caliber of clubs that would be interested in signing him pretty hard too, reckon the issue is more financial tbh

8 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

He is not worth way more than that. The vast majority of shirt sales (circa 90%) goes to the manufacturer of the shirt (Nike etc Adidas etc). How would Messi bring more that 50m in extra revenue to Villa in 1 season? We would not get more people attending Villa Park as it is sold out so no extra revenue there. We would have got a marginal increase in commission from our sponsors but where would we have got the massive increase in revenue?

Widely documented that Barca lost somewhere in the region of 100m in sponsorship money that was contingent on him being at the club.

The man is a conglomerate in himself, companies pay massive sponsorship deals to have associations with him, such is his profile.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

Maybe, Covid hit the caliber of clubs that would be interested in signing him pretty hard too, reckon the issue is more financial tbh

Could well be, I've not seen anyone linked to him this summer.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Conor will be a loan as the is no way he would be earning the amount he does now at any Championship club.

I agree. Somewhat surprised that Swansea haven't been linked to bring him back on loan again.

14 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

I agree. Somewhat surprised that Swansea haven't been linked to bring him back on loan again.

Change of manager and he fell out of favour at the end of his time there anyway, so that's probably why there's no real link to them.

I do think he will go, but it might be one that's done on deadline day as a last minute loan.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

No way bissouma leaves for 40mill

Absolutely, especially as Brighton shouldn't really need to sell after selling White for £50m.

They've probably already got another £15m replacement lined up from France, who will turn out to be better anyway.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Are Liverpool really going to spend 40m on him when they have Fabinho and Henderson that both play the same position. I’m calling bullshit. 

On top of that I think Brighton will actually have a very good season

They've got to start deviating towards that XG sooner rather than later. I read somewhere that there was one XG table that had them in 5th.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

They've got to start deviating towards that XG sooner rather than later. I read somewhere that there was one XG table that had them in 5th.

I watched them quite a lot last season and was really impressed. They are very organised and play good football.  I think Potter has done a superb job. 

I reckon they’ll hold on to Bissouma for another year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't think this thread is hot more like a cold curry from the night before that is congealing on the kitchen table.

Breakfast balti. What’s not to like ?

I kept thinking we’d buy another player but I’m starting to believe we are done.  I know managers can tell white lies but I’m starting to believe we are done and Dean says as much again imo.

• Thanks 1